Abnormal Lumps on Betta

KenzieBetta

Does anyone know what these lumps are on my beta and if I can heal them? He has them on both sides but the one side is notably larger. Due to moving, my beta spent 2 months with my mom getting 2-3 pellets a day and wasn't overly active due to minimal human interaction (tank was still frequently cleaned with a 30-50% water change each time). I thought at first he was fat and maybe bloated? I have since gotten him back and have been feeding ~2 freezer dried worms a day with one day feeding 2 pellets and 1 day fasting per week. He seems active and doesn't appear to struggle swimming and still has a very good appetite. I've had him for 1 year 7 months and he's in a heated, filtered, 3.5 gallon tank alone.

IMG_6085.jpeg
IMG_6087.jpeg
IMG_6092.jpeg

AquaticQueen

It honestly looks like he has some sort of infection from a wound maybe. What are your water parameters? Keep the tank really clean (25% water changes 3ish times per week.)
In my opinion, 2-3 pellets/bloodworms per day is not enough for a betta. He should be getting 5-6 per day. Split his meals into two separate feeding times 8-10 hours apart.
If it's at all possible, in the future, I would try to upgrade his tank to a 5 gallon at least. I'd also recommend removing the sharp plants in his tank. They can cause tears in a bettas fins which can lead to fin rot. It's possible they could be responsible for the lumps on your bettas sides as well.

Upvote 0

FoldedCheese

The swelling looks to me like some sort of internal infection. He looks emaciated to me as well which is why the swelling is so pronounced. A picture from the top could be used to confirm that he is underweight. 2 pellets a day is simply not enough food even for a lazy long finned betta. My male plakat gets 5-7 pellets per day.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JuiceBox52
  • Question
Replies
Views
angelinac4
  • Question
Replies