Abandoned House Cat

Discussion in 'Cats' started by jenmur, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

Looks like a got another cat in my colony. Ok, so I have about four. But the other three seem feral so they belong.
    Got a little grey and white female. She’s shy, but warming up to me and Wanda who also feeds the ferals. The people who had her just left her outside to fend for herself when they moved. She is such a house cat! Poor thing! Doubt I’ll be able to find her a home. No one wants an adult cat, everyone wants a kitten. Well, Wanda and we both have cat shelters on our porches and we both feed the cats and make sure they have water. Gonna try to catch her and get her spayed and vaccinated.

Image1524401816.560440.jpg

2. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Oh poor thing! She's gorgeous how could someone just leave her. The amount of cats in rescues at the moment is crazy. When looking for a new cat we make a point to adopt older (senior kitizens) black cats as rescue shelters are overrun with them.

She's lucky to have found you.

3. penguin02Well Known MemberMember

I wish I could rescue older cats but I'm badly allergic. It's good that you're taking care of her!

4. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Had that happen with a gourgous grey long haired male. To make matters worse, he’d been declawed. I just could no wrap my head around it becuase he’d been tattooed, neutered AND declawed. That’s a lot of money to spend on a cat only to dump it when you move.

5. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

@Mazeus. She is beautiful! What’s worse is they took her brother. Left her. Oh yeah, it’s kitten season so no room at shelters around here. I’ll continue asking though. She’ll at least have food water and shelter.

@penguin02. Yeah, no kitties for you cuz allergies, we like you alive.

@2211Nighthawk. Oh my goodness!! I have no clue if she’s declawed or not. This is the first time I’ve been able to actually interact with her

6. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

That just breaks my heart. I love my pets dearly if Roo (cat) doesn't show up for breakfast on time I start to panic and try to call him. He's always around, he just does everything on his schedule. I couldn't imagine not taking my pets with me.

7. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

It took a while for him to warm up to me but he did eventrally. So would have taken him with me when I moved but he did NOT like other cats. (Ironic considering where he had to live...)

8. JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

We had a stray cat show up and "adopt" us last year during the holidays. She's still hanging out with us. She stays outside due to my girlfriend's allergies and we're not supposed to have pets. The office manager knows she stays outside, so doesn't charge us for her since we're doing a good thing. We got her her own little house. Here's a few pictures of the little goofball.
    5807.jpegIMG_20180404_134652075_HDR.jpg

9. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

@Mazeus. It hurts. She’s my second abandoned cat. Yeah I get worried if I don’t see my feral cats for a day or two. I can’t touch the majority of them, but I do like seeing them. I will always take my pets with me.

@2211Nighthawk. Glad he was able to warm up to you. Lots of times declawed cats get defensive around other animals. They know they can’t defend themselves.

@JLeeM. Ohh nice house!! Yeah I can’t bring this little girl in cuz I have 4 house cats of my own! I’m glad the office manager is that nice! And I love the house!! Where did you get it??? She’s a cutie!

10. JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

It's actually a dog house my girlfriend found on PetSmart's website. We got the smallest size for $75. She painted the window on too because she didn't like the logo on the front.

11. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Lucky cats to have found such caring people!

12. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

@JLeeM. Ohh ok, I’ll take a peek online and in store! :)

@Mazeus. Hehe, new neighbor wondering about all these cats. Told them we do rescue.

13. JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

You may be able to find it in store where you are. Be sure to check out online though. It qualifies for free shipping and it looks even cheaper now than when we got it. They have all different kinds. We just went with the cheapest one that wasn't too big and had a slanted roof. Here's the link for your convenience.

14. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

Oh sweet!! Thanks for the link! Yeah I like the houses with doors to the side that way the cats can get out of the wind. Not that expensive either!

15. JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Exactly! It's the perfect size to pop a little cat bed all the way in the back too. We're still thinking about trying to add a door flap of some kind, but don't know if she'd be okay with pushing through it.

16. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

I use straw in the winter. Best thing to use for insulation and bedding for cats. Keeps them warm. Hmm, dunno about the cat flap. I’ve thought about that off and on but I’m nervous the ferals wouldn’t use it.

17. FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

She is so pretty!! Thank you for sharing her with with us.

18. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

She’s very pretty! . And I might have found a home for her!!! Once I get her fixed and vaccinated! Woo hoo!! Cross fingers this works!

19. FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Yay!

20. jenmurFishlore VIPMember

The problem is catching her. She’s never around when it’s a good time! Hehe. But she does come around! But since SOS is closed for the weekend I will have to try again next week

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice