AAAHHHHH!

Fishface

AHHHHHHHHH!

I BOUGHT A 75GAL TANK WITH A STAND!!!!!!

I feel crazy...and nervous!!! it's so big!!! wooden Stand, cannister filter, 100lbs of lace rock, and food, and activated carbon, water testing stuff, magnetic algae scrubber, and light with fixture and top and everything for $300!

I feel so insane and obsessive right now. Man. No regrets but...I need a drink.

ashley

genie

LOL-- go set sail with Captain Morgan! I am so jealous that you got a tank of that size for only $300. Good luck planning it out and selecting your new water babies!
One step at a time and you will be fine.

COBettaCouple

sounds like a really good deal you can plan out your tank population while you cycle that tank.

Butterfly

Congrats on the new tank!! Now is the fun part- getting to dream about what to put in it while it cycles,
Carol

Fishface

thank y'all for sharing this experience with me. no one else in my real world appreciates this...and my family thinks I'm crazy! ha!

I have to move first, so it'll be another couple of months before it even cycles. It's going to be a project just to clean it, though..I'm actually taking a break from it right now

genie

Don't feel bad, my "real world" people think I'm crazy too! ;D

PrayforMojo

congratulations! iIjust started a new tank I know how you feel good luck. will you be using goldfish to cycle or do you have other plans?
;D

MudHog

VERY GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!

I paid $300 for my 39 gallon tank, emperor 280, filter, decorations, rocks, shelf kit. No regrets on my part, but you got a **** of a deal.

COBettaCouple

Fishface said:
thank y'all for sharing this experience with me. no one else in my real world appreciates this...and my family thinks I'm crazy! ha!

I have to move first, so it'll be another couple of months before it even cycles. It's going to be a project just to clean it, though..I'm actually taking a break from it right now
what's this real world thing I hear about? yea, my wife & I love to find other people here as 'crazy' as us for our fish.

MudHog

I'm thinking "real world" everyone outside of the tropical fish or fish aquarium world.

I say the same thing about a lot of things: Jeeps, Duck Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers, etc. There's some people that just don't understand a true love for things like some people do.

We all know each others love for tropical fish, but an avg Joe just wouldn't understand what we see in things.

Gunnie

WOW! Great score! You will not regret it my friend! ;D

Sabi

Good Luck!! And enjoy your planing!
Ah, yes! My family think i'm nuts as well! They can't understand what I find so interesting!

jayfl234

I agree I planning to buy new tank as well and my girlfriend thinks I'm nuts for buying a new one I just laugh

COBettaCouple

just tell her that everyone else is doing it.

Butterfly

AAAHHHH... MTS(multiple tank syndrome) is alive and well at FishLore LOL yeah the people at work are like... "you have HOW many tanks ?
Carol

COBettaCouple

Butterfly said:
AAAHHHH... MTS(multiple tank syndrome) is alive and well at FishLore LOL yeah the people at work are like... "you have HOW many tanks ?
Carol
LOL.. hey, we aspire to have as many gallons & tanks as you do! -- advanced MTS I think we're working on it.. one room at a time.

Butterfly

Good for you FLBettaCouple !! I'm here to tell you it's a joy
Carol

Amnagrla

That's so awesome!!!

I went to someone's house the other day and in their basement they had a bar. Under the bar was about a 100gal tank... completely dry! I would DIE to have that. I think it would be so much fun to have a bar/tank! **Sigh** Someday...

PrayforMojo

Everything is for sale make him an offer.It is amazing how many tanks become available once you are infected with mts. it is disasterous.

COBettaCouple

yea.. you should offer to "help him out" by taking away that big tank for them that's just taking up space.

PrayforMojo

if yo don't someone will
mojo

Fishface

I'm going to cycle using planys and live bacteria. Think that'll be enough? I REALLY don't want goldfish. I guess I could use some danios.

MudHog

I used (14) Tiger Barbs and bacteria to cycle my tank. Lost one the day after I introduced them to the tank and another 2 weeks later. The (12) that are remaining are going strong.

I may end up trading in (4) of them to get some zebra danios, odessa barbs or tinfoil barbs.

Tazmiche

I have my third tank cycling now! Planning transfers and additions. My Mum is as hooked as me, i'm 37, she is 64 and we are like 2 little kids on Christmas Eve! I only bought first tank Sept '06!! My Dad however thinks we have lost the plot! ( I did hear him saying 'good night fish' to each tank tonight when he didn't realise I was there!!! ) My ' real world' lot think we are mad!

I moved back with my parents when my partner and I split and friends say ' don't worry Mr Right will be out there!' I feel STUFF Mr R......bring on the fish!! It's such a great buzz!!!

And Amnagria....................GET THAT TANK ASAP.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! We all need it and lots of pics along the way!!!  ;D

Amnagrla

lol to update.... I've asked them to think about selling it to me. They're thinking about it!! My only problem... I'm 23 and live at home for the summers and at school during the year. I don't know where I'd put it! Unless... I get an apartment... mwuahaha!!

Today I moved out of my dorm room. I moved my fish in bags, emptied half the water in my tank, kept the filter stuff wet. It went well!! I just hope they didn't get too stressed!

COBettaCouple

Amnagrla said:
lol to update.... I've asked them to think about selling it to me. They're thinking about it!! My only problem... I'm 23 and live at home for the summers and at school during the year. I don't know where I'd put it! Unless... I get an apartment... mwuahaha!!

Today I moved out of my dorm room. I moved my fish in bags, emptied half the water in my tank, kept the filter stuff wet. It went well!! I just hope they didn't get too stressed!
I have the perfect solution - we'll keep it for you. actually if you don't get a place now, I think i'd probably set it up at your parents if you're planning to live in that city or even store it there until you're done with college then set it up when you're settled into a place.

FishPirateL337

I remember when I got my 55g. I was a bit overwhelm as well. If you're anything like me.
It will seem smaller everyday.

With my custom FishPirate 8000 ZX Uber Tank(patent pending(j/k)) that I recently completed.
I will be at 405g of aquarium madness spread through 8 tanks.

It's madness. I know, but the mad don't usually mind the fact.

I love my fish and my obsession. My guest room has become my fish room. My unfortunate guest sleep on the couch.
They are usually unwanted quest anyways, so no loss on my part. ;D ;D

Be careful, MTS is debilitating to some, exhilarating to most.

MTS 4tehW

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom