AAAHHHHH!

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHH!

I BOUGHT A 75GAL TANK WITH A STAND!!!!!!

I feel crazy...and nervous!!! it's so big!!! wooden Stand, cannister filter, 100lbs of lace rock, and food, and activated carbon, water testing stuff, magnetic algae scrubber, and light with fixture and top and everything for $300!

i feel so insane and obsessive right now. Man. No regrets but...I need a drink.

ashley

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL-- go set sail with Captain Morgan! I am so jealous that you got a tank of that size for only $300. Good luck planning it out and selecting your new water babies!
One step at a time and you will be fine.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sounds like a really good deal you can plan out your tank population while you cycle that tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on the new tank!! Now is the fun part- getting to dream about what to put in it while it cycles,
Carol

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
thank y'all for sharing this experience with me. no one else in my real world appreciates this...and my family thinks I'm crazy! ha!

I have to move first, so it'll be another couple of months before it even cycles. It's going to be a project just to clean it, though..I'm actually taking a break from it right now

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't feel bad, my "real world" people think I'm crazy too! ;D

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
congratulations! iIjust started a new tank i know how you feel good luck. will you be using goldfish to cycle or do you have other plans?
;D

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
VERY GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!

I paid $300 for my 39 gallon tank, emperor 280, filter, decorations, rocks, shelf kit. No regrets on my part, but you got a **** of a deal.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fishface said:
thank y'all for sharing this experience with me. no one else in my real world appreciates this...and my family thinks I'm crazy! ha!

I have to move first, so it'll be another couple of months before it even cycles. It's going to be a project just to clean it, though..I'm actually taking a break from it right now
what's this real world thing i hear about? yea, my wife & i love to find other people here as 'crazy' as us for our fish.

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm thinking "real world" everyone outside of the tropical fish or fish aquarium world.

I say the same thing about alot of things: Jeeps, Duck Hunting, Fishing, Labrador Retrievers, etc. There's some people that just don't understand a true love for things like some people do.

We all know each others love for tropical fish, but an avg Joe just wouldn't understand what we see in things.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW! Great score! You will not regret it my friend! ;D

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good Luck!! And enjoy your planing!
Ah, yes! My family think i'm nuts as well! They can't understand what i find so interesting!

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I agree i planning to buy new tank as well and my girlfriend thinks im nuts for buying a new one i just laugh

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
just tell her that everyone else is doing it.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AAAHHHH... MTS(multiple tank syndrome) is alive and well at FishLore LOL yeah the people at work are like... "you have HOW many tanks ?
Carol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Butterfly said:
AAAHHHH... MTS(multiple tank syndrome) is alive and well at FishLore LOL yeah the people at work are like... "you have HOW many tanks ?
Carol
LOL.. hey, we aspire to have as many gallons & tanks as you do! -- advanced MTS i think we're working on it.. one room at a time.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good for you FLBettaCouple !! I'm here to tell you it's a joy
Carol

Amnagrla

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's so awesome!!!

I went to someone's house the other day and in their basement they had a bar. Under the bar was about a 100gal tank... completely dry! I would DIE to have that. I think it would be so much fun to have a bar/tank! **Sigh** Someday...

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Everything is for sale make him an offer.It is amazing how many tanks become available once you are infected with mts. it is disasterous.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea.. you should offer to "help him out" by taking away that big tank for them that's just taking up space.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom