AAAA Auction

Coryd55
AAAA Auction W/ NEW Pictures

The auction today was awesome! I had a blast.

I sold 40 Bristlenose Pleco Fry.(4 bags of 10 each) for over 100 dollars!!!!

I bought:
4 Julies with Hetero Albino Gene
1 Large Amazon Plant
1 Rotala Indica
16 FAMA (1991-2005 assorted)
1 10 gallon stand
2 Nets
1 Algae Scraper
1 10G (20") Light

Spent $55 total.

Waiting for my angel fry to grow out and be sold at the ACA Auction/Show (https://cichlid.org/) in July.

FL CommunityFans
Awesome man! Too far for me to drive, would love to find something like that near my area.

Sounds like ya had a good time and got some good deals!

COBettaCouple
Welcome back.. you spent less than you sold? wow - what willpower! Congrats and looking forward to the pics of those Julies.

MissMTS
Wow! You made out well! Congrats on all of your findings and for selling your bn pleco fry. I have been wanting to go to a fish auction, but I never seem to have the time. What's it like?

Tom
Wow, you have much better stuff there than at the ones I go too. Congrats.
Tom

Coryd55
Here is everything I got. Julies tank outside is dirty. I am picking up a lot of rocks today and will be washing the outside so it doesn't look so dirty.

Will be setting up the 10G on the stand(betta tank) because of the uneven desk and because of the large amount of algae due to being by the window.

COBettaCouple
Great job! ..and love those Julies. They're really such great cichlids!

Allie
I want some Julies too DickfeldI species.
Nice fish and the auction sounded great!

Dino
15 bags of angels from another club member mostly koi and zebras
14 subadult montie swordtails from another club member
The above purchases were not part of the auction but personal transactions

ThaI mosaic guppies 2 pair
1/2 black purple guppies 2 pair
Zoo. tequilla 8 ( goodead)
German whitetail guppes 2 pair
Chapalichtys paradals pair ( goodead)
Neolamp multies 8 ( for Butterfly)
Herichtyes carpintues escondido ( added to existing colonly here)
Hero rotkiel F1 red sholdered sevrum 4
Xenoteca eisenI 6 ( added)
Limia perugia 8 (added)
Purple Moscow guppies 2 pair ( added)

Tiger platies 6 (added)
Heterandria formosa 4 (added)
5 inch clown loach
Ameca splendens 4 ( added)
Iylodan furticans 2 ( added)

Up at 4 am back inbed at 11 pm.
It was a long day but we had a great time.

Butterfly
Do so wish we could have been there Sounds like you had a great time
Carol

Coryd55
Wow I didn't realize y'all got so much but I guess so haha.

Call me dumb but what is "goodead".

Oh yeah in the future(Once I either convince mom to get more tanks or move out lol) I plan on getting some of those montie swords. They looked really cool(the ones that were there) I liked the color and long sword on them.

Sorry for being off topic AGAIN but my first guppy fry that I had now has a bright orange oval right by his tail and a black oval by his eye (his tail is black). Is this wrong or color genetics. I think he looks really cool but just making sure. He swims and eats normal water perfect and everything is fine. Better safe then sorry. I'll send you a pic soon.

susitna-flower
ops: Now where oh where to put them all!

I'm jealous and want to throw a ! It would be so much fun to be able to attend those get togethers......

MissMTS
Wow! You got a lot of great fish. I wish I could have gone.

COBettaCouple
We'd really be interested in the Monty Swords when you're shipping, if you'll be selling some.. and a large female angel.

Dino
We set up another 10 or so tanks, so we are covered with the new species.

Cory, that coloration if fine.

We SHOULD have some monties ready to ship late summer/early fall.

Chief_waterchanger
Goodeid (I think is the proper spelling, but could be wrong.)

It is a livebearer, mostly found in Mexico. Most are endangered or extinct in the wild due to the Mexican government adding large mouth bass to the water-ways to intice american fishermen and habitat destruction. (Large mouth bass sees wiggly 3-4 inch adult fish or smaller fry and that is a small snack for them..)

Coryd55
The dickfeldI are really cool also! Now cichlids are starting to interest me!!!! Haha.

Here is the julies tank, the new row of tanks on that wall(moved 10G from desk to my nice new stand over there), a FTS of 55 for kicks, and the angel fry(may be a few guppies in there to but they are normally on the left hand side).

Coryd55
Ahhhh gotcha. I remember the auctioneer saying that a bunch and didn't know what it was. And I remember the extinct part.

Thanks

COBettaCouple
Great job there, I love the rocks and the fry.. working on starting a fish shop too, huh? tanks everywhere.. I love that decor in any room.

do you use photoshop for the pics?

COBettaCouple
Great, those monties are such beautiful fish.

It really is a shame how the goodeids are faring in the wild. I only have a trio of Ameca Splendens but would love to get other goodeids in time. They're beautiful fish.

voiceless_kat
Congrats of the successful aquisitions...now I have to sit with my books and figure out what they are!!! Will there be pics??

Val

Chief_waterchanger
Yeah. We'll try to get pictures as soon as we can.

(still trying to catch up on sleep )

Dino and I are going to suggest they not do an auction the day after the time change in the future.

It may be Thursday or Friday night before I can get pictures of all of them posted, but I will do my best. (By then they will all be colored back up from the travelling stress.)

Chief_waterchanger
Cory,

One method I use to get clear and crisp pictures, since I don't own a tripod, is to inhale right before I snap the picture... for some reason that stops the minor shakes, in some people, that they have when trying to focus a camera.

Some cameras you can press the picture taking button halfway and it tries to auto focus.

Your pictures are fine though.

Your tanks look like they're doing well... I remember when that 55 gallon was a baren sandy-bottomed tank with a clay pot and only bristlenose plecos. For having bred the angelfish and bristlenose and setting up tanks so well so early on in your fishkeeping career, I will venture to say you may have a knack for fishkeeping.

COBettaCouple
Hope we can say the same of you & Dino.
It may be Thursday or Friday night before I can get pictures of all of them posted, but I will do my best. (By then they will all be colored back up from the travelling stress.)

FL CommunityFans
Man I'd love to talk the wife in to driving to ATL for one of those auctions but with a 5yo and 9 month old, it's just too much of a headache. Gonna haev to wait a year or two... Unless... hmmm Maybe I'll plan a six flags trip on the weekend of an auction and keept eh girls out all night.. then they'll sleep in on auction day and I can make my get-away. Only problem would be getting the fish back home safely, as it'd probably be 24 hours before we could do that.

At any rate, awesome haul and can't wait to see pics.

Coryd55
The julies tank cleared up and is as clear as my other tanks.

Thanks Dave, I can't wait to see the fry get nickel size! Don't know that they will all fit in the 10G though. An excuse for a bigger tank I don't use photoshop. I go to and just resize photos that's it.

I will try that next time I take the pictures. Mines does the halfway thing but I never use it. I remember when the 55 was just a pot, guppy grass, anubias, sand, and the plecos. Haha. It has develpoed enormously from that point. Still not to my satisfaction though. can't find that perfect driftwood placement but I don't like to bother the fish more than necessary so I can deal with it for a while.

Thanks for the nice words Ross =). Hopefully I can add julies to that list pretty soon!

Dino
Not bothering the fish goes a long way to getting them breeding.

COBettaCouple
You might want to try out a free program called Gimp. It's pretty nice and a very good alternative to expensive programs like Photoshop.

I hope we both get our Julies breeding.
Thanks Dave, I can't wait to see the fry get nickel size! Don't know that they will all fit in the 10G though. An excuse for a bigger tank I don't use photoshop. I go to www.picresize.com and just resize photos that's it.

lalynya
So how do you find out about auctions in your area?

FL CommunityFans
I did a search of 'aquarium societies florida' and that gave me the best idea of what was available in florida.

lalynya
lol I don't think there is an 'aquarium societies florida' here in MD...just googled all I can find are auctions for the kind of fish you eat

FL CommunityFans
Well duh ! lol

try 'aquarium societies maryland' ;p

wow... just googled it myself and tons of hits..

This one seems to be a 'listing' of several, though the original google search has many specific hits.

< - MD aquarium clubs

lalynya
well duh I didn't look up florida I did a MD search but I can never find anything...lol gracias on the tip

FL CommunityFans
hahah ok. I can never tell around here sometimes. Some folks are very literal, and some are quite sarcastic ;p

lalynya
Oh no you can be quite sure I am sarcastic...Unfortunatly most of those clubs are on the other side of the state..the only one that is near me is marine

Dino
Came home to find 23 baby half black guppy babies.
Mom is still dropping.

COBettaCouple
Quick production.

Gunnie
Man I'd love to talk the wife in to driving to ATL for one of those auctions but with a 5yo and 9 month old, it's just too much of a headache. Gonna haev to wait a year or two... Unless... hmmm Maybe I'll plan a six flags trip on the weekend of an auction and keept eh girls out all night.. then they'll sleep in on auction day and I can make my get-away. Only problem would be getting the fish back home safely, as it'd probably be 24 hours before we could do that.

At any rate, awesome haul and can't wait to see pics.

24 hours before the fish get home isn't a problem. I had a multI in a bag for a day and a half before we got home from Chattanooga, and he was fine. No worries there!

TheEssigs
congrats and good luck with all your recent aquisitions!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pwilly07
Replies
Views
James95
Top Bottom