A Very Sad Dayl

1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Today I lost two of my "babies". Azul finally lost the battle with dropsy he had been fighting with since Christmas Day. He just couldn't get over it. There were days he was so much better I thought he would make it, then he relapsed and he got worse very quickly. I am afraid he was suffering so it is perhaps a relief. I am not sure whether I should sterilize everything he had used since I don't know how contagious it is but the ottos didn't get it, so I may just clean everthing really well.

Little Blinkin' got himself caught under a piece of decor that shifted and crushed him in the gravel and I didn't find him when I righted the piece. It was so sad and I felt so responsible for having the unstable decor.

This has truly been a very sad day.

Rose
    :'(

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I am so sorry Rose! It's tough to lose fish. Just be comforted that they lived a very "high" life as long as you had them. BIG HUG

3. dahly Member Member

Rose, I am so sorry to hear of your losses. You cared for and loved those little guys so much. Your postings oozed the love you had for your little friends. My sympathies.
    Glenn

4. Brad Initiate Member

Hey i am so so so so sorry about your fish passing away :'( i hope that your times will go smoothly the next few weeks. dont worry about cleaning your tank if your too depressed then just put it off for a couple of days,your fish wont get sick,.....
    PEACE YO!

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Rose I'm so sorry!!!! You took such good care of them. I know its hard to lose them.
    (((HUGS))) thanks for letting us know, keep your chin up your other babies still need you and love you too.
    Carol

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

im very very very sad 2 hear of ur losses i no that i went through a tough time when i lost my whole tank!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( very sorry

C W

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

o sad! :'(  poor azul! are you going to get another betta?  :'( :'(

8. joe Member Member

that really stinks :'(, all you can do is take the best care of the remaining fish and maybe buy some new ones, :'(
    Joe

9. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I had asked my dealer to watch for a white crowntail for me for a third tank, and we had decided to wait until at least March to ship due to the cold weather. Now, if we can find a white crowntail, I will get another Betta. I know I will not be ready for another blue one. I really miss him and I think my little Noel even misses flaring at him. He's been at that side of his vase several times today and moping.

Thank you all for your kind comments. They have helped me to feel better. I know there have been more of you who have had this problem or worse and it does me good to be reminded of that. (Thank you, Craig) It is also really nice to have really great people around me. This group feels like getting a great big hug.

Rose
    :)

10. dano569 Member Member

sorry rose :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

11. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Rose I'm so sorry about Azul and Blinkin.At least you know you did the best you could and you gave them a good life... and you can offer more good times to more fishies too! Big hugs
    Ursula x

12. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry about your fish. I know it's really hard loosing pets :'( :'( I hope you can find a beautiful white crowntail Betta. I know what you mean about not being ready for another blue Betta...when my mice died, I just felt like getting gerbils, even though I really miss having mice now. Are you going to get another Oto? It might be hard for you, but your other one is probably getting lonely. (Sorry...I tend to think about the animal before the person...I suppose most of you can relate...) It will probably take a while before you're ready to get more fish. For now, remember that all fish die sooner or later, so don't be too hard on yourself.

13. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

yes i do intend to replace both fish but i am never going to get another Walmart fish. They have had health problems from the time I got them. Noel has been such a happy healthy fish since I got him and I got him over the internet from the nicest guy I have ever dealt with. (Mike at mikeswetpets in Lancaster, NY - stitchfish@adelphia.com) He cares about his fish as much as we do and will try to please his customers if at all possible. He dealt through eBay but I think he would deal direct with the people who contacted directely.

Rose
    :D

14. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Rose,
    I'm in the same boat you are! I noticed my betta kinda hanging out on a leaf this morning and didn't look interested in food. I walked in the door tonight at 9:15, and he was laying on the bottom of my tank! I had really no warning, and he was so active until today! Sometimes they just leave us like that. I definately want another for that tank. They are so cool in a community tank. :'(

15. dano569 Member Member

sorry about both of your bettas :'( :'( :'(

16. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:D
    I know I said it would be March, but I found I couldn't wait so I ordered a new baby. His name is Marty and I have a picture of him so I will try to send it. He is white with blue/green fins. He is a baby so his fins are not completely formed yet. I can hardly wait. His little brother the otto, Nip is coming with him. Winkin' has a new name, he is now Tuck so I can have Nip and Tuck.

Attached Files:

17. EmptyH Initiate Member

Very beautiful fish. Congrats on you new baby ;D

18. dano569 Member Member

8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

19. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ah Gunnie I'm sorry to hear about yours too! It realy is sad :'(

20. dahly Member Member

Rose, I'm glad you have added a new addition to your world. Spoil him with all your might!
    Glenn