A very cool stocking calculator

myriad1973

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I was doing some research and I came across this very thorough stocking calculator that I thought everybody would find interesting. It includes a database with 917 different species of fish!

OP
myriad1973

myriad1973

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the heads up.... I kinda figured the site was around for a while. I just thought it was fun to use.... theoretical setups.

GemstonePony

Well Known
Reaction score
if-you've-heard-of-it-you-probably-live-within-a-3
Experience
5 to 10 years
unfortunately, the site does not take into account individual personalities of some fish, amount fed, and the effect live plants can have on filtration.. I have also found some info on their species to be incorrect, and some fish with the different bio-loads were considered to be the same or vice-versa.

aylad

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I've been using it to plan my new tank. I figure if I leave plenty of margin for error (don't max out stocking or filtration), it should be ok. Obviously I research fish species in addition to's recommendations.

lurrch

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It isn't perfect, but I've found it to be a useful tool for trying out different options.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
There's someone else on this list who used it and it was WAAAYYYY overstocking their tank.

It's telling me I'm only 72% stocked when I know I'm pushing my stocking limits and there's no way I should add anything else.

I'd be cautious using it.

New Threads