A trip to the pet store.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AquariaUK, Jan 5, 2013.

1. AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Well all was fine in our tank for months until a few weeks ago when two of out platies dropped dead. So today I dragged my parents out to Pets at Home to get the replacements and a few plants.

When we got there I was pleasantly surprised. They've changed the tank (although it has been 3 months since I've been) and now stock gouramis, angelfish, a wide variation of mollies, panda cories, baby plecos (aroung 1cm) and goldfish over a foot long. The plants have also been changed, adding a few more variaties in, although on Staurday to Monday they aren't very healthy. I also didn't see any dead fish although there might have been a couple in the cory tank. One thing I haven't seen more than once is a betta in the store, I once saw a female in a 10 gallon but that was it.

The prices for tanks are still unbelievable. A 6-gallon tank with a few fake plants costs £99 (about $165) and the largest tank they stock is a 29 gallon, about £200. The fish are quite cheap though which may or may not be a good sign!

We got a couple of platies (an orange called Inferno and a grey one called Major after John Major because of the bland colour). We also got a cabomba and t3wo other plants so now we have two caombas, a floating elodea and two others, and finally a (fake) bull skull which my brothers insisted on. But then again my mum wanted a little blue alien ????

So they've improved the store which is good :)

2. JoannaBWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on improvements to your local store and on your new acquisitions! I wish you all the best with them.

3. MagooFishlore VIPMember

I go to my pets at home every now and again just to see how the fish are doing and I can say lately I have been impressed :) although will never buy fish from there just from personal experience but go there for dry goods.

Pets at home does vary around the country as I guess so does the chain per stores in America. I have a few close to me and am barred from one but I still stand by what I said and what I did I am a very patient person and slow to a anger but two male bettas in the same barrack and no one cares well I did.

It is good to see that the company on a whole is making efforts to improve the housing of the fish and hopefully the improvements will continue to happen

4. AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Ah, I can see what happened :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice