A trip to the pet store.

AquariaUK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well all was fine in our tank for months until a few weeks ago when two of out platies dropped dead. So today I dragged my parents out to Pets at Home to get the replacements and a few plants.

When we got there I was pleasantly surprised. They've changed the tank (although it has been 3 months since I've been) and now stock gouramis, angelfish, a wide variation of mollies, panda cories, baby plecos (aroung 1cm) and goldfish over a foot long. The plants have also been changed, adding a few more variaties in, although on Staurday to Monday they aren't very healthy. I also didn't see any dead fish although there might have been a couple in the cory tank. One thing I haven't seen more than once is a betta in the store, I once saw a female in a 10 gallon but that was it.

The prices for tanks are still unbelievable. A 6-gallon tank with a few fake plants costs £99 (about $165) and the largest tank they stock is a 29 gallon, about £200. The fish are quite cheap though which may or may not be a good sign!

We got a couple of platies (an orange called Inferno and a grey one called Major after John Major because of the bland colour). We also got a cabomba and t3wo other plants so now we have two caombas, a floating elodea and two others, and finally a (fake) bull skull which my brothers insisted on. But then again my mum wanted a little blue alien ????

So they've improved the store which is good

JoannaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congrats on improvements to your local store and on your new acquisitions! I wish you all the best with them.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I go to my pets at home every now and again just to see how the fish are doing and I can say lately I have been impressed although will never buy fish from there just from personal experience but go there for dry goods.

Pets at home does vary around the country as I guess so does the chain per stores in America. I have a few close to me and am barred from one but I still stand by what I said and what I did I am a very patient person and slow to a anger but two male bettas in the same barrack and no one cares well I did.

It is good to see that the company on a whole is making efforts to improve the housing of the fish and hopefully the improvements will continue to happen

AquariaUK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I go to my pets at home every now and again just to see how the fish are doing and I can say lately I have been impressed although will never buy fish from there just from personal experience but go there for dry goods.

Pets at home does vary around the country as I guess so does the chain per stores in America. I have a few close to me and am barred from one but I still stand by what I said and what I did I am a very patient person and slow to a anger but two male bettas in the same barrack and no one cares well I did.

It is good to see that the company on a whole is making efforts to improve the housing of the fish and hopefully the improvements will continue to happen
Ah, I can see what happened

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom