A Treat For Your Eyes Lol

Discussion in 'Saltwater Videos' started by grantm91, Apr 18, 2017.

1. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Just tried running my old light along side my new, this is it so yeah its not for sale no more i love it.

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

What is that fish in there with the clowns! It's cute!

3. OP
    OP
    grantm91

4. APierce

I'm prob. already pushing it with 2 clowns and a mandarin in my 20 gal :eek:

5. OP
    OP
    grantm91

Mines a 60 litre i have 2 clowns that goby and a pepermint shrimp, 2 red leg hermit crabs and lots of corals i know im over stocked but my parameters are good its well looked after and my fish are happy the goby even cleans the clowns as they do in the wild. If the fish are happy and behave natural thats all that matters to me id say it would even benefit you to get 1.

6. APierce

I have a skunk cleaner and red and blue hermits and snails too just a feather duster and a little cluster of zoanthids for corals though. I need to actually check my water today to see if I need to do a wc or not :)

7. OP
    OP
    grantm91

I check mine every week last week my peramters were 0,0,10 i change my water regardless though because there are things i dont check for id just rather be safe than sorry + it must be good to have fresh nutrients every week, the first set of zoas i bought i spreading like a weed lol i actually have gone off them. Oh ph is always around 8.2

8. APierce

I'm down to checking mine 2-3 times a week. I am overly paranoid lol, plus the tank is not that old, I've only had fish and everything for about 2 months now, and at one point in time, not too long ago, I was breeding pods in there so I know there is extra micro algae and if it dies it will create a huge spike I'm guessing. I'm thinking I've gotten the majority of it out by now though with water changes, I've not added any more.
    Why don't you like your zoas anymore? I think mine are kind of cool, they came on this tiny frag and there are two colors (green and red). I just don't like knowing that they can be poisonous lol.

9. OP
    OP
    grantm91

The ones i dont like, well its abit harsh to say dont like but its my brown ones there trying to take over my tank and take the attention off my others i think.. but heres one for you ive just been to the shop and come back with another coral lol

10. OP
    OP
    grantm91

[​IMG][​IMG] my new torch coral its got 4 heads but 3 of them look to be splitting.

11. APierce

Oh, I get that, I want colorful ones! Are you sure they are zoas and not button polyps.

12. OP
    OP
    grantm91

Oh yeah sorry they are button polyps lol my zoas are further up i refer to all of them as zoas

13. APierce

Not the best pics, but it is what it is :) I realized I had a pick from far away of the brackish tank, that I took trying to take a pic of my mandarin in my sw tank...that is the first pic.
    I also threw in a pic of what it looks like with the blue light on vs regular light and some side views.

Attached Files:

14. OP
    OP
    grantm91

Thanks i love that goby thats like your main attraction he is cool

15. APierce

The tank has to be built around the fish lol. I know he likes to hide, I've had him about a year now! The pipe is in there for him, the rock is in there for him, the sand, regular gravel and smaller argonite gravel is all in there for him, the substrate is thick for him and he likes to dig and dig and dig. I had a couple of decorations in there but he dug under them and was trying to get up into them and I didn't want them to end up killing him so they got taken out. The rock is heavy enough that he can't move :) he can just dig under and around it. When I got him he was about 7inches, now he is around 13 1/2 and I don't think he is done growing. They can get pretty big!
    My husband brought him home for me...SURPRISE!!! heh, yeah... He freaked me out at first, but he's grown on me and has a name, I say that because I have only named a few of my fish. His name is Gollum! :)

16. APierce

As I was typing this, I looked over and saw him actually come out! I got some full pics of him if you'd like to see.

17. OP
    OP
    grantm91

He is the star and its true i always end up altering the tank around the fish either to make them happy or safe or to break up fights, golem had me laughing what a name for that face sticking out of that pipe hahaha

18. OP
    OP
    grantm91

19. APierce

I swear he knew I was talking about him :')

Attached Files:

20. OP
    OP
    grantm91

Gobys always look mean my neon blue one does if you see his grumpy face up close, i was placing my new torch coral in the tank before and he was stuck to my arm like he does to my clowns lol il try get a face pic tomorrow hes only tiny though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice