A Swarm Of Fw Micro Jelly Fish

Thunder_o_b

*snicker*

Well they do kinda look like jellies. Playing with the camera. Slower shutter speed to get the trails and the flash to freeze for a sharp subject

Iverg1

Haha! is that algae? I’m trying to figure out what it is.

Thunder_o_b

Iverg1 said:
Haha! is that algae? I’m trying to figure out what it is.
A fast stream of bubbles from an air stone with a lot of air pushed through it

Fanatic

Cool! Could you tell me what you do to maintain such clear water?

Thunder_o_b

Fanatic said:
Cool! Could you tell me what you do to maintain such clear water?
Filtration, filtration, filtration These shots are from Sunhawk's 55. It is filtered with a 200 GPH HOB and a 360 GPH canister for total 560 GPH. I will be changing out the 200 GPH HOB for a 400 GPH soon. The other thing is I clean each filter every other week. So I do all the HOB's one weekend and all the canisters the next.

I just today added UV sterilizers to all aquariums.

chromedome52

In case anyone is curious, there are real Freshwater Jellyfish, and this is what it looks like:

There are certain lakes in Michigan where you get "blooms" of them in the spring/summer. They don't seem to live very long, though.

PecosBill

Now we just need some in our tanks.

Thunder_o_b

chromedome52 said:
In case anyone is curious, there are real Freshwater Jellyfish, and this is what it looks like:

There are certain lakes in Michigan where you get "blooms" of them in the spring/summer. They don't seem to live very long, though.
Now that is outright COOL

Gypsy13

Thunder_o_b said:
*snicker*

Well they do kinda look like jellies. Playing with the camera. Slower shutter speed to get the trails and the flash to freeze for a sharp subject

Bet this is totally cool! Makes me want a couple man of war! Be a deep tank. Hmmmm...

Thunder_o_b

Gypsy13 said:
Bet this is totally cool! Makes me want a couple man of war! Be a deep tank. Hmmmm...

PecosBill

Man of war would be dangerous and super COOL. Moon jellies are beautiful, and don't sting, comb jellies actually glow in the dark, and also don't sting, and are small, and cannon ball jellies look super cool. I have seen all of these in person, except the man of war, I have seen some others to, but don't know exactly what ones. I have also seen upside down jellies.

Gypsy13

PecosBill said:
Man of war would be dangerous and super COOL. Moon jellies are beautiful, and don't sting, comb jellies actually glow in the dark, and also don't sting, and are small, and cannon ball jellies look super cool. I have seen all of these in person, except the man of war, I have seen some others to, but don't know exactly what ones. I have also seen upside down jellies.
They are cool right? I also thought of these:
I love all these. And my fave shark!

Ulu

Gypsy13, those are mind-boggling.

Gypsy13

Ulu said:
Gypsy13, those are mind-boggling.
I got to hold a baby great white while it was being stitched. Was totally awesome! Been in love with them ever since!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom