A Swarm Of Fw Micro Jelly Fish

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
*snicker*

Well they do kinda look like jellies. Playing with the camera. Slower shutter speed to get the trails and the flash to freeze for a sharp subject

_MG_7998-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_7999-Edit.0.jpg

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fanatic said:
Cool! Could you tell me what you do to maintain such clear water?
Filtration, filtration, filtration These shots are from Sunhawk's 55. It is filtered with a 200 GPH HOB and a 360 GPH canister for total 560 GPH. I will be changing out the 200 GPH HOB for a 400 GPH soon. The other thing is I clean each filter every other week. So I do all the HOB's one weekend and all the canisters the next.

I just today added UV sterilizers to all aquariums.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In case anyone is curious, there are real FW Jellyfish, and this is what it looks like:
FW Jellyfish.JPG

There are certain lakes in Michigan where you get "blooms" of them in the spring/summer. They don't seem to live very long, though.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chromedome52 said:
In case anyone is curious, there are real FW Jellyfish, and this is what it looks like:
View attachment 433447

There are certain lakes in Michigan where you get "blooms" of them in the spring/summer. They don't seem to live very long, though.
Now that is outright COOL

PecosBill

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Man of war would be dangerous and super COOL. Moon jellies are beautiful, and don't sting, comb jellies actually glow in the dark, and also don't sting, and are small, and cannon ball jellies look super cool. I have seen all of these in person, except the man of war, I have seen some others to, but don't know exactly what ones. I have also seen upside down jellies.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
PecosBill said:
Man of war would be dangerous and super COOL. Moon jellies are beautiful, and don't sting, comb jellies actually glow in the dark, and also don't sting, and are small, and cannon ball jellies look super cool. I have seen all of these in person, except the man of war, I have seen some others to, but don't know exactly what ones. I have also seen upside down jellies.
They are cool right? I also thought of these:
I love all these. And my fave shark!

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ulu said:
Gypsy13, those are mind-boggling.
I got to hold a baby great white while it was being stitched. Was totally awesome! Been in love with them ever since!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom