A surprise guest.

1. Toxickissez20 Member Member

I didn't buy him, but I assume he came on the driftwood I bought out of the Petco tank when i got it and my Amano's. Lol I dont know what type it is and it's still very small. I just found him after having the driftwood for a month. Any guess on the type? 1465170174228.jpg 1465170182125.jpg

2. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Looks pond snailish to me but not sure

3. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

I can't tell exactly what is plant and what is snail lol. Take it out (gently pull and slide if it's stuck to something) and take a pic of it in your hand and it's opening and then you can get a definite answer.

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Bladder snail. I'd remove him or you'll get many more.

5. Toxickissez20 Member Member

Lol here it is. He's really small so it was hard getting a close up picture with the camera in focus.
    1465171914925.jpg 1465171922881.jpg 1465171933810.jpg 1465171943009.jpg

6. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Yeah looks like a generic pond snail to me but I could be wrong.

7. Toxickissez20 Member Member

Hmm weird. Will it hurt the tank any? If not he can be a permanent resident of my aquatic community lol. It had a little face on it. Never really gotten really close up to a aquatic snail.

8. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

It might reproduce. Which isn't the end of the world. Many people just pick out excess snails. It shouldn't eat any live plants but just keep an eye out for nibble marks. They tend to eat dead parts of the plant like leaves that have died.

And yes snails are cute, with little eyes and antenna and everything. When they get on the glass you can see them eating.

https://vimeo.com/169475643

9. Toxickissez20 Member Member

Yeah my mom was telling me the other day that she use to have a aquatic snail that would come up to the top and let her feed it lol.

10. Inno Member Member

Pretty cool

11. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

He won't hurt the tank but he won't be your only resident as they will multiply. As TexasDomer said, if you don't want to be overrun I'd get rid of him.

12. Toxickissez20 Member Member

If it's a pond snail I might just put it in its own tank till it gets bigger and put it in my grandparents koi pond lol. They could use and algea eater.

13. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Sounds good!