A Step Towards Marine Keeping.

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Builds' started by Josh195, Aug 29, 2018.

1. J

Josh195 New Member Member

Hi guys. After years of planted tanks, cichlids and large predatory fish.. I've decided it may be time to move into marine fish keeping.

Here in New Zealand we're quite limited to the range of tanks available. I dont feel comfortable on splurging on the top of the line red sea systems so have done a little researching and have come across the aqua one reef 400. It seems like a reasonably good quality tank.

I'm wondering if I could get some feedback on this thank from anyone who is quite familiar with marine tanks?

How's the lighting, protein skimmer quality etc. Cheers guys. Screenshot_20180829-234252_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180829-234303_Chrome.jpg

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

3. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

Oh... I wish I could help! I'm not great with sumps, (though I do love a refugium), and even worse with lighting. Is there any way you could find out a PAR rating for the light?

Couldn't easily find much on the skimmer either, as searching for a Moray 3600 Skimmer only brought up results for pumps...? Hmmm, perhaps you can find a local scene and see if anyone near you has experience with the setup.

Unfortunately, I'm just no good on advising about big tanks because I run a nano reef without a sump or skimmer. Perhaps @Jesterrace or @Jayd976 will know more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice