A Star that can go with Chocolate Star 55 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by Ocean Lover, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Ocean LoverNew MemberMember

I have a 55g stocked with about 8 - 1 to 4 inch fish(clowns,damsels,y. tang, grammas,basslet) 1 sm. condy anemone, snails, hermits, purple mushrooms, coral banded shrimp and a C.C. starfish. I want to add another star fish what kind is safe with my current stock. I have read that C.C. can eat my anemone & mushrooms but mine has stayed at the water level traveling around the tank for the 3 weeks I have had him only found him on the sand once and right back up he went. I also target feed him weekly with a piece of silverside.

2. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

Not sure if it helps...but check out sand sifter stars,,,,,VERY VERY PEACEFUL AND REEF-SAFE......I have one in with my SHs....they also go under the substrate(sand sifter)...there is also I believe a red one thinking the name is black tipped star.....georgeous!!!!! Also very compatable....

3. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I don't want to be disagreeable, but I would skip the sand sifting star. They are best suited to mature tanks (if the tank was started in Jan. as per aquarium info, not mature enough IMO) and often starve in captivity if/when they run out of food in the aquarium. I'd strongly suggest holding off on another sea star addition.... 3 weeks is nowhere near enough time to call the CC star a success, yet.

4. OP
    OP
    O

Ocean LoverNew MemberMember

What kind of star would you suggest?? and in what time period should I add it.??. My tank is crawling in pods.. right now, don't know if that is a good sign as far as adding a star or not, plan to get a blennie and maybe a goby. Have my eye on the red scooter bleenie(good pick??) I believe I can only get one bleenie is that right..?? Only suggestions on a goby??Sorry many many questions it seems the more I search for answers on the net more questions I have.. Thank you for your time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice