50 Gallon Tank A Small Shoal With A Bichir In The Mix

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I'm looking for a shoaling or schooling fish for my 52 planted to add a bit of colour and movement. But i'm not sure what, there's also my Delhezi to consider who may eat anyone too small, I did have a couple of Zebra Danios and he left them alone(or could't catch them).

Current stock: 4 Blue Acara, Delhezi Bichir, Siamese algae eater, Opaline Gourami.

It's been up and running for 4 or so months, Nitrates are below 20 I do 25% wc a week I'm going to start Mid week changes fortnightly to keep on top of things.
PH 7.8, Temp 26c 100/40/50cm
Any suggestions are appreciated .

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I was thinking maybe Bosemani or Dwarf neon rainbow fish but i'm not sure with my dimensions.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A group of Colombian tetras would look nice IMO, they large and fast enough that it shouldn't be an issue. But the dwarf rainbows you were considering is also a good choice IMO.

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A group of Colombian tetras would look nice IMO, they large and fast enough that it shouldn't be an issue. But the dwarf rainbows you were considering is also a good choice IMO.
I love the look of Colombians my Lfs usually have some big ones.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fast enough? At night?

Just wondering if you considered the dark hours and if Birchirs take bites out of bigger fish than they can swallow.

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fast enough? At night?

Just wondering if you considered the dark hours and if Birchirs take bites out of bigger fish than they can swallow.
He doesn't seem to be too interested in other fish atm but he still has a lot of growing to do. He's about 6 inches and well fed.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fast enough? At night?

You talking to me? ^_^

And yes, I did. In a tank that's well feed, the bichir is likely not to cause too much trouble and even then, like most stocking suggestions, it's a gamble...

But I do think colombians would work rather well and shouldn't run into major problems with them especially once they have it maturity.

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I ended up getting Columbians, though I'm growing them out in a 30, they really are a beautiful fish. Thanks for the recommendation.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom