A single fry from assuming platy

JChoh

I spotted one small fry, when I was feeding my fish aquarium, I looked and didn’t see any others. I couldn’t pin point which female popped the fry, soon put both females into a net on top of the fry container so if any more would fall thru the larger holes of the net. This came to me as a surprised as they both look the same as weeks before and they don’t have the boxed belly most people see before a livebearer gives birth. I think I stressed them out and they’re not laying other babies. How do I tell if all the babies were eaten? Since my angelfish munchies on newborns before.

BigManAquatics

Can't really tell in my experience, i just assume the rest got ate or are hiding.

Upvote 0

JtheFishMan

I spotted one small fry, when I was feeding my fish aquarium, I looked and didn’t see any others. I couldn’t pin point which female popped the fry, soon put both females into a net on top of the fry container so if any more would fall thru the larger holes of the net. This came to me as a surprised as they both look the same as weeks before and they don’t have the boxed belly most people see before a livebearer gives birth. I think I stressed them out and they’re not laying other babies. How do I tell if all the babies were eaten? Since my angelfish munchies on newborns before.
Taking your fish and putting them in the net on top of the fry container may have stressed them out a decent amount. This can cause them to stop delivery. You can't really tell if the babies were eaten, you can just find the ones that still alive. You can never tell how many exact fry a female has, so you can't pinpoint how many, or if any, were eaten.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Tierney36
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
  • Question
  • Seven
  • Platy
Replies