A single firemouth in a 29 gallon: is it possible as a first fish?

Meeki

My mother dropped exciting news: i will get a 29 gallon aquarium soon! And I've always loved firemouth, and our local pet store has one! Should i get a single firemouth to start off in said tank, or is that cruel/too difficult? It comes with a filter that has the capacity for 50 gallons.

Katie13

It is definitely manageable, however you need to make sure that you cycle the tank first! You’ll also want to make sure you have a heater

Upvote 0

Meeki

It is definitely manageable, however you need to make sure that you cycle the tank first! You’ll also want to make sure you have a heater
Of course! I already have a nice heater, i just need my tank! And i will cycle it! Thanks for the advice! However, do you think it's cruel to keep one firemouth in a 29, or is that cruel for them since they're big fish?

Upvote 0

Katie13

Of course! I already have a nice heater, i just need my tank! And i will cycle it! Thanks for the advice! However, do you think it's cruel to keep one firemouth in a 29, or is that cruel for them since they're big fish?
I had 2 in a 40g, so I think you'll be alright.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
noobscaper
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
  • Question
Replies
Views
Roman96
  • Question
29 Gallon Tank 29 gallon stocking ideas?
Replies
Views
BettaLover7
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cody

Random Great Thread

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Top Bottom