A Shoutout, Anemone Stings

  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Messages
76
Reaction score
27
Points
18
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
That would be so cool!
Sorry to say, but its really not. To some who don't actually have saltwater aquariums and anemones, it would be! Like I thought until one finally stung my palm. It doesn't hurt too bad, but it can definitely leave its mark, especially with some larger aptasia.
 

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,622
Reaction score
3,043
Points
198
Experience
More than 10 years
FishLoverEmma0 said:
Sorry to say, but its really not. To some who don't actually have saltwater aquariums and anemones, it would be! Like I thought until one finally stung my palm. It doesn't hurt too bad, but it can definitely leave its mark, especially with some larger aptasia.
Sorry. I was thinking finding a surprise anemone would be cool. Not the actual sting part. I was stung by one in a friend’s aquarium. I was very unladylike for a little bit. And on the palm! Ouch!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Messages
76
Reaction score
27
Points
18
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
Sorry. I was thinking finding a surprise anemone would be cool. Not the actual sting part. I was stung by one in a friend’s aquarium. I was very unladylike for a little bit. And on the palm! Ouch!
Oh yes, lol. I accidentally split an aptasia anemone once, and it stung me because i wasn't aware of its lurking presence....
 

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,622
Reaction score
3,043
Points
198
Experience
More than 10 years
FishLoverEmma0 said:
Oh yes, lol. I accidentally split an aptasia anemone once, and it stung me because i wasn't aware of its lurking presence....
The sting is quite the surprise. I wonder how many others have been surprised this way. Guess that’s what you’re trying to find out. Duh.
I can’t wait to hear!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom