A Returned Fish-hobbyist Say Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Jin Qian, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Jin QianNew MemberMember

Hi, everyone.

I just want to say hi to everyone and introduce myself a bit and also ask a couple of basic questions hoping to be helped out.

My aquarium hobby started about 20 years ago with a 37 gal freshwater tank and a bunch of school fish. 5 years later I converted to saltwater tank with corals and a couple of crown fish (Nemos). About 4 years ago I stopped this hobby and got rid of the tank and stand because the house was under a major multi-year renovations.

Now everything settled down and I am considering to pick up the aquarium again. What I have left is a pretty good canister filter (Fluval, don't remember model but it's quite big/powerful), a heater (still working), a small air pump. That's it. I need a tank and a stand obviously. Considering the space, I am looking for a tank up to 40-50 gal. Since I haven't been in touch with this market/hobby for so long, any suggestions on where to buy these stuff in GTA areas, preferably up north in York region, will be greatly appreciate.

It feels good to come back and know all you guys here. Thanks.

2. Max077

Max077Valued MemberMember

Welcome!

3. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Hello and welcome to fishlore!

4. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Greetings and welcome to Fishlore :)

What country and state do you live in?

5. Ohio Mark

Ohio MarkWell Known MemberMember

Welcome aboard!

6. OP
    OP
    J

Jin QianNew MemberMember

sorry for automatically assuming people knew where I am located. I realized I haven't got chance to update the profile to reflect my residence. I live in Canada, Ontario, Great Toronto Area. More specifically it is Richmond Hill, York region, just north of Toronto

7. Swlws

SwlwsValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore :)

8. SherriX2

SherriX2New MemberMember

Welcome back to this addictive hobby

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice