A Quick Guppy Question

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Guppyception said:
i notice she is only moving her left fin maybe she was attacked im not sure. I would like to get a new female in any case to keep my ratio of male to female stable would tomorrow be too early to replace her if all else is good with the tank?
As long as the parameters are all good and everyone else seems to be doing well swimming and eating i don't see why not

Guppyception

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
As long as the parameters are all good and everyone else seems to be doing well swimming and eating i don't see why not
Thank you so much for your help, I genuinely appreciate it. This 20 gallon has been set up for over a month and this is the only issue I have had. I appreciate the insight.

Guppyception

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
UPDATE: she passed away and dead fry came out of her could this have been from her being unable to birth them?

Guppyception

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
esqueff said:
Are they the females in the top corner? Do they appear pretty large? I’m asking because if so...they could be pregnant and is pretty normal behavior a few days before birth.
I think you were correct and she could not pass her fry she did not appear large.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sad to hear... but this can happen though...

Hopefully your new purchased female (or females) will be fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom