A question on whether my Guppies back is broken ??

Jaspersaitta

Hello, so I was doing a water change with a syphon vacuum and I turned away for a second and I had somehow sucked up a guppy female, I put her back in the tank, but to be sucked up it was pretty tight whole, and she seems to just lie on the bottom of the tank and occasionally swim up. Is her back or spine broken is that a thing and what should I do about it.
Thanks Jasper.

FinalFins

Hello, so I was doing a water change with a syphon vacuum and I turned away for a second and I had somehow sucked up a guppy female, I put her back in the tank, but to be sucked up it was pretty tight whole, and she seems to just lie on the bottom of the tank and occasionally swim up. Is her back or spine broken is that a thing and what should I do about it.
Thanks Jasper.
If it’s spine is broken it realistically should not be able to swim at all.

PeterFishKeepin

Most likely just shock and a bit hurt from trying to resist the powerful suction flow of the vac, add some stress coat and monitor the fish

Jaspersaitta

If it’s spine is broken it realistically should not be able to swim at all.
Oh ok, well she struggles to swim but still can, is there something else it might be ?

PeterFishKeepin

is there something else it might be ?
refer to #3, it is most likely just scared and is a bit hurt from the suction, give it some time to rest and keep the tank stress free.

Jaspersaitta

refer to #3, it is most likely just scared and is a bit hurt from the suction, give it some time to rest and keep the tank stress free.
Well i did that but it been like this for about 2 weeks, so would it still be stress for that long

PeterFishKeepin

Well sorry idk it was 2 weeks ago because you didnt mention it, perhaps it had some kinda internal brusing or something and is still resting, does the fish look sick or unhealthy in any other way??

Jaspersaitta

Well sorry idk it was 2 weeks ago because you didnt mention it, perhaps it had some kinda internal brusing or something and is still resting, does the fish look sick or unhealthy in any other way??
Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that, I took her out of the tank to keep closer eye on her, but unfortunately she died, she also looked quite pregnant so maybe she became egg bound because of this. I’m not sure.
But thanks for the help

PeterFishKeepin

Its sad when fish die, hope your feeling ok and best of luck with your fish and fish to come! :)

Jaspersaitta

Its sad when fish die, hope your feeling ok and best of luck with your fish and fish to come! :)
Thank you heaps :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ritapaizs
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
  • guppyguy76
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
endlercollector