A Question For Fun: 1 fish 4 life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kb9plc, Dec 6, 2012.

1. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

If you could only have one PARTICULAR type of fish.... but you were allowed to have as many as you want (which assumes that Santa would bring you a tank as large or as many tanks as you wanted).....
    what type of fish would it be
    and
    how many would you have?

No generalizing here. No taking the easy way out and saying something like 'labyrinth fish' so you don't have to decide between bettas or gouramis. LOL
    1 answer. 1 fish type 4 life. :)
    And the question was FISH, which implies your answer has fins and a tail (otherwise, we all know my answer would be in the shelled variety hahaha)

:)

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Bah...no adf's huh?
    Where is the froggy love? :;froglove

Ok.
    It would have to be bettas.

3. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Well if its true nature was erased and made 100% peaceful... BETTAS!!!!! Imagine what a tank full of multi colored male bettas would look like!!!

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I'd have wall to wall flowerhorns :D

5. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

6. OP
    OP
    kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Temporarily put on hold along with my snail love :;laughing

I'm sure Santa could have his elves get very creative.... and drop off a tank the size of a very large wall that has a zillion cube-shaped seperators in it. Of course, depending on the seperaters, you'd need a hanful of canisters with numerous tube outputs to filter all the sections. But hey. Why not? Elves are amazing. Im sure they can come up with something. LOL

7. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

this is hard..... but i would have to go with corydoras :D

8. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Discus or Angels

9. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Gourami :)

10. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

An epic wall tank (between the living room and my office??) Full of discus, all the different snakeskin and mottled variation. A rainbow of spotted discus.....at least a hundred, all 5"+. I hope these elves like water changes, I want em all nice and colorsful, perfectly round......spoiled silly for their grow out :)

11. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

100 discus? I can't imagine the tank they'd need!

12. FoulFishes

FoulFishes Valued Member Member

Either Loaches or Angelfish, and I have to have a whole lot to make up for the lacking variety :)

13. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

Oscars. I love their personality!

14. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

Discus... or cardinal tetras. I love those little fish! :)

15. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Blue tilapia. Smart undemanding fish, happily eats vegetable scraps and duckweed, and in the event of a zombie apocalypse, they are good eating.

16. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

100 discus.....1000g or so...bet Santas elves could make it fit in a wall.....or maybe 2 walls with a corner innthe tank......

17. a

amberl Valued Member Member

Definitely a stingray tank sense Santa can make anything happen right

18. Rejectedbread87

Rejectedbread87 Valued Member Member

Gourami!

19. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Toss up, but I'm going with corydoras. Lots of them, lots of schools, and I'm guessing since they're all the same species, I could have different varieties. Like, pandas, albinos, juliis, sterbais, some dwarf cories, etc. etc. etc. With a tank with a long footprint so they can all swim happily all over. Or many long tanks, end to end. Sand everywhere, of course.

20. SevenEro

SevenEro Valued Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice