A peek at my yard

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by powwow, Aug 3, 2015.

1. powwowValued MemberMember

Some pics of my yard a few weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. chrt396Well Known MemberMember

Very nice!!!!!!! VERY nice!! Flowers can brighten up any yard..and you have successfully accomplished that. It looks great!

Nice...neat....clean....pretty!

3. uncfanValued MemberMember

I like it. It reminds my of my grandparents yard when I was a kid. They always had a bunch of flowering plants inside and out.

4. powwowValued MemberMember

Thank you both. I went a bit overboard this year. The house next door was torn down and a huge two story duplex was built and it dominates my back yard. It's just horrible with that building looking down on me. Hardly notice it with all my plants. And I'm a prairie horticulturalist so I grow all I can from seed of course. Just getting ready to cut back the growth on the petunias. Have people from N Dakota coming to visit in a few weeks and I don't want the baskets looking all worn out.
    Thanks again

5. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Gorgeous, that is a lot of work to keep it like that. Alison

6. chrt396Well Known MemberMember

If its green...I can grow it. If it has flowers...I kill it! I wish I had the thumb for flowers.

7. powwowValued MemberMember

Don't give up on trying. Sun/shade, food and water. get it right for a particular flower and you will never look back.

8. JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

At least the people in the duplex have something nice to look at when they look out that way. :)

Wonderful!

9. JoyToTheFishesValued MemberMember

Absolutely beautiful. I always want to leave a note for houses I walk by that have such beautiful lawns that it brightens your day..

But.. people think I'm strange enough already. lol

10. powwowValued MemberMember

Thanks everyone. As I write this I am being hit with a hail storm. Fingers crossed.

Before storm

See what it looks like in the morning.

11. chrt396Well Known MemberMember

Have you ever used "Super Thrive" as a supplement for your plants? I use that on my potted plants and have had great success with it. I have a Brazilian Red Cloak that I cannot get it to NOT shed leaves! They say that youre supposed to saturate the soil...but I feel as if the roots are going to rot out on me. I finally drilled a drain hole in the bottom to allow the water to drain. I started having little yellow funky mushrooms growing on the soils surface.

12. powwowValued MemberMember

Hellp chrt396,
    No, I have never heard of that product. Drainage is always a must. If you could repot your plant with fresh potting soil or, now that you have drainage in that pot, flush it with water several times letting it all drain through the soil and then not water till the surface goes dry, you may solve the problem. No drainage rots the roots and it also allows for a salt and other bad stuff build up. One of my hort teachers told me to look at it this way. What drains out of the bottom of the pot is to a plant what we flush down our toilet.

13. powwowValued MemberMember

Oh, everything is pretty flat but not ripped up. My sister, only a few blocks away, got hit pretty bad. A lot of her plants have been shredded.

14. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Oh I am so sorry . Hopefully they will recover if the damage isn't to bad. Those pictures are so pretty. By the way, welcome to the forum. I got so busy drooling at the pictures that I forgot to say, WELCOME. Alison:;hi2

15. WendigoblueWell Known MemberMember

It looks amazing!!!!!

16. powwowValued MemberMember

Thanks, unfortunately it's gone. Hit with two hail storms today and the third is just rolling in. Tornado sightings. Will be doing some heavy pruning.

17. powwowValued MemberMember

The yard will probably be looking real good in time for the first frost. lol

18. chrt396Well Known MemberMember

After hearing about your hail storms..kind of makes me feel better about hurricanes!

19. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Perfect10.gif

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Ken

20. powwowValued MemberMember

You're welcome and thanks. Well I just went out and snapped the after picture. YIKES!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice