A pair of pearls in a 29 gal?

metal_fish
I'm lookin around at some fish to put in my 29 gal community tank.
If you have some pearl gourami's can I ask you how much you like them and there compatability and needs thanks

Barbrella
Beautiful pearls are about the most peaceful of gouramis and would be nice in a 29 gal tank.

But, is this the tank with the Red tailed shark? Pearl gouramis are easily bullied and may be stressed by an aggressive fish.

metal_fish
Beautiful pearls are about the most peaceful of gouramis and would be nice in a 29 gal tank.

But, is this the tank with the Red tailed shark? Pearl gouramis are easily bullied and may be stressed by an aggressive fish.

Yes it is, Its very hard for me to think of my red tailed to be aggresive though He shares yes shares! a cave with my striped rapheal.
Its really cool to see them all close together and comfortable
I would highly doubt he would bullie anything but I could be wrong

jack11
metal_fish
That's good jack11
Now I'm 98% close to going to a lfs and getting some pearls Are they fun to watch?

Barbrella
He shares yes shares! a cave with my striped rapheal.

RTS are often fine with larger and/or semi-aggressive fish and like to bully smaller, more timid fish. I guess the Raphael isn't taking any guff from him.
My RTS was a terror with the fish I had.

Pearls ideally should have lots of plants to give them security and to build bubblenests around. If you get a pair, they are a sight to behold in breeding colours!

metal_fish
By plants you mean any type fake plants are ok?

jack11
yep fake plants or real plants are fine, thjey just like the cover to hide in.

wowzers
I have 4 pearl gouramis with one albino rainbow shark
the rainbow shark had never showed any signs of aggression towards the pearls and i've had them for 6 months now
the pearl gouramis and the rainbow sharks both are originated from south-east asia
so I'm thinking that the two are used to living with eachother in the same environment

Narcicius
I currently have two pearls in a 29 gallon tank, they are kinda shy right now but they are beautiful and unique fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies