A newb question lol

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Piratefreak07, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Piratefreak07New MemberMember

Okay, so today in the mail I got my filter. I ordered a Marineland Penguin 150 bio-wheel power filter from PetSmart.com.

Here's my question, all those who are more experienced:

Is it really supposed to be this quiet?! All I can hear is the water trickling through the filter. No loud annoying buzzing sound. Is this right? lol. I fear I may have done something backwards or wrong. :;smack

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDDWell Known MemberMember

Well, when I had my penguin before I returned it mine was super noisy!

3. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Quite filters are happy filters :)

4. OP
    OP
    P

Piratefreak07New MemberMember

Oh good!!! I was worried I had put it together wrong or something. I remember being in 5th grade and the class fish tank's filter was super noisy. Always loud and buzzing. lol.

Phew. Thanks, fish lovers! :)

5. Lexi03Well Known MemberMember

I have 4 penguin bio wheel filters running in my bedroom, and I heve never heard the buzzing sound other people complain the biowheels make. The only sound I hear is the water fall sound that all my HOBs make.

6. ZeeZ

ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

I don't hear anything, much less the filters. :)

7. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Cheater :giggle:

8. LupinusValued MemberMember

Mine is very quite and can barely be heard running. Only time it's noisy is when it's refilling after a water change, and then right back to being quite again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice