A New Idea For My 10 Gallon!

CatfishGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Right now it's overstocked with 3 male guppies, a molly, a paradise fish, and a platy. I wanted to rehome everything in there and restart, but my mom is a huge livebearer fan so you can guess how that went down.

If I end up convincing my mom to let me rehome all the fish in that tank, im thinking of getting 3 baby female bettas and letting them grow together (over the last month ive been straying away from wanting big fish and have moved closer to wanting really cool colored and patterned fish, aka betta fish.) I just want to know if 3 female bettas is over the line for a 10 gallon because I don't know if bettas have a light bioload or a heavy bioload.

I would love it if you could give me some tips on how to take care of bettas in general too, because around august I'll have another 10 gallon for 1 male.

Thank you in advance for your support!!

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They have a small bioload.

It depends on their respective personality.

It would be called a betta sorority.

My only advice is if you see aggression, separate them.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you go down the route of sorority, definently make sure its heavily planted to help give each female suitable hiding places...

CatfishGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
aussieJJDude said:
If you go down the route of sorority, definently make sure its heavily planted to help give each female suitable hiding places...
For sure, what type of plants are in mind? It's all still a concept and I might restart the tank completely after rehoming the fish, mainly because the white sand in there doesnt feel right for a sorority

Bogart16

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
From what I've seen, you usually need a bigger tank for a betta sorority, at least 20 gallons, to give them space to get away from each other. It might be better to do a tank divider and have one on each side.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom