A need to all start over again

MisterSnuffles

So Ive had a 10g for about 6 months now. And 3 months ago I added 2 pea puffers expecting some fun. But then a few weeks ago, one passed away. He could never get food because of the other one. But he never nipped. So last monday I grabbed a few cherry shrimps for looks and algae control. And air went well with no nipping. Wednesday came, and my biggest had died. I thought it mustve been old age. I wake up today and find another one. Old age I thought. Then I found another one twitching, and the puffer nearby. I freaked out and found another one dead. I quickly got the puffer and isolated him. Then I went back to the tank and found two more dead, but the puffer wasn’t in the tank. I tested the water to see everything at 0. I was confused, so I added the puffer back. I was grieving but I think its time start over. Its live and learn and it wasn’t completely my fault. I want to return the puffer, remove everything in the tank, and completely redecorate. And go bacj to the easy basics, a good ol beautifully colored Betta. I feel sad giving away the puffer, but he never cane out nor interacted. He was just a killer. I want to start over with nice gravel and some easy live plants with some rocks. Hopefully things will go better.

BigManAquatics

Sometimes, falling back on what you know is the best thing. Certainly better than completely giving up on the hobby!

MisterSnuffles

Sometimes, falling back on what you know is the best thing. Certainly better than completely giving up on the hobby!
Definitely! It hurts to feel like a loss, but its a good lesson to be learned.

RIFishbowl

Just did a restart myself, started a 12 gallon long with some Red-tailed Rasboras,they did not do well in tank .Lost one to jumping so I moved them back to 29. I think it was the right move, they are doing better now. Going to do a Betta in the 12 gallon.lots of room for it in there.

WRWAquarium

I've been there as well. Angelfish didn't work out for me. If the fish aren't thriving or your not happy with the tank then I think its best to change.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
timfulmer
Replies
Views
Meghanfloof
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views