A name for Little Boy.....

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have been watching Little Boy for a few days now, trying to come up with a fitting name. I can't. That's odd, becuse with Dante and Floyd the names just came to me right away.
I've come up with some names that might fit him:
Rusa, Rama, Kupala, Saru....... but I just don't know. Any suggestions? (he is mainly a dark, sapphire blue, with red "highlights"...)

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rajah means Prince. Myst, Eric (for some reason that just popped into my head), I don't know what I am doing so I guess I will stop , but I thought he looks like a little Betta Wizard with his dark blue and red colors so maybe something magic sounding.

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
Rajah means Prince.  Myst, Eric (for some reason that just popped into my head), I don't know what I am doing so I guess I will stop , but I thought he looks like a little Betta Wizard with his dark blue and red colors so maybe something magic sounding.

Rose
Hmmm.... I like Rajah and Myst. Can't use Eric, as that is my husbands name. ;D
You are thinking along the same line as me.... Rama was a king or emperor of Siam, Kupala is a water god......
Then there's Merlin.... but that doesn't seem right. Any other "wizardly" or royal names, anyone?

S.

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
In a series that I was reading by Terry Goodkind there was a very personable (yet odd) wizard named Zedd .....

I like Raja too, though...

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I finally got a (somewhat) better of him. Still blurry, because he moves fast, but you can see his colors better.
He's a fully little guy..... he "plays" with the beam of a flashlight like a cat would. If I shine it on his tank, he darts over, flares and shimmys. Then when I move it he goes after it! Funny fish....
He makes me think of a little dragon sometimes........

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He's beautiful and stunning and gorgeous and I cannot think of anymore names but he is perfect. I love the colors. He is so bright. He will need a color enhancing pellet or something to keep him good and colorful.

Love that little boy!!

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have decided on the name Draco, simply because whenever I look at him dashing around, he reminds me of a little chinese dragon.
I considered the name Orion, because the stars in that constellation are blue and red, but it just didn't fit.

BTW...... poor Draco has fin rot(?) because of the stress he endured during his short time in the "big" tank.  I bought a bottle of Melafix and dosed the tank this evening.  The bottle says to dose daily for 7 days.  How will I know if that's enough?
(I simply couldn't stand to lose another one!!)

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When Marty went through the finrot problem not long ago, I raised the temperature to 82 as that is the temperature that Melafix works best at and then dosed until I could see fin regrowth with the water changes done every 7 days. It is a herbal remedy so it will not hurt him and as long as you run an airstone to help add oxygen to the water it does not hurt to have the temperature raised. It may not hurt to have it raised only to 82 without the airstone but I always have one running so I just always caution people to have one going. (p.s. just in case you forgot please take the carbon out of the filter) I know you probably remembered but I never know who is reading this and it is a good idea to slip the info in when i get the chance.

Be sure to let us know how little Draco is doing! I love the name. Welcome to the betta community, Draco. The new name does suit you. You have a good mommy, now quite scaring her okay?

Don't get concerned if you don't see regrowth for a couple of weeks, it took Marty about 3 weeks before I could see much, but they are right as rain now and he is saucy as ever.

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aside from his slightly tattered-looking tail and analfin, Draco is doing fine. Full of energy and flaring at his reflection as I type this. I can't believe the difference in his attitude.... from being scared and sulky in the 20 gallon, to happy and full of himself in his own little home.

S.
(no carbon in the filter, and airstone bubbling......)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom