A little help with L/h flow please

Bonkers

My juwel Rio 240 planted tank comes with a filter that pushes out 600 l/h.
I think I’m holding about 200 litres of water give or take and looking for 10x water flow.

I just purchased 2x 3000l/h wave makers and tried just one out. Obviously, it was too much… I was going to return and try 2x 2000l/h instead.

before I buy could someone tell me

should I be aiming for
Juwel powerhead -600l/h
Wave maker 1 -700l/h
Wave maker 2 -700l/h

or

Juwel powerhead -600l/h
Wave maker 2000l/h
Wave maker 2000l/h

JustAFishServant

What fish do you have? Goldfish like 10-15×, bettas like 4-6×. For 10× turnover get whatever powerhead or wave maker that's cheaper! Both work the same way - the only difference is some powerheads can connect to a filtration compartment :)

WRWAquarium

You can buy a juwel 1000lph pump and just swap it with the 600lph pump. My rio 300 came with the 1000lph and it was allright.

However I reccomend you remove the whole juwel filter entirely and use a canister filter rated for the lph you want. I thought the juwel filter was pretty good but not worth losing a whole corner of tank space for.

Never used powerheads in Freshwater, in marine tanks it's different as they act as filtration for liverock by pushing water over them.

If you have fish that want a river style flow like garra ruffa and hillstream loaches then powerheads would be much appreciated.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views
greggles
Replies
Views
Esimm03
Replies
Views