A Little Help Please

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RedBettaBoy, Apr 10, 2018.

1. R

RedBettaBoy New Member Member

hello

Just getting into planted aquariums and I want to keep it “low tech” and simple. Currently java moss, java fern and some Marimo balls bouncing around.

So a few years ago I purchased a cheap led hood light just to be able to see my fish when I Wished. Searching through my Amazon records it was a Beamswork EX 0.1W series aquarium light freshwater cichlids marine FOWLR 30”

It lights up the tank. But no idea if it’s capable of growing plants. I’ve always had healthy tanks and never any algae if that helps at all. There are 105 lights 9 of them are blue, at 0.1w does that mean it’s 10.5 watt total? Anyway from my search on the internet there are so many opinions out there on watts and other units of measure. I just would like to know it my plants have a chance...........it’s a 20 gallon long filled about 10 inches deep......1 Betta 3 snails

Attached Files:

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It might be fine for the plants you have chosen. Give it a shot!

Is the Java fern planted in the pots, or just resting in them?

3. OP
    OP
    R

RedBettaBoy New Member Member

The ferns are basically resting on top. I broke up another pot and got a rubber band on the rhizome. Not thrilled with the rhizomes color after a few weeks in there, from what I hear I just need 1 to make it or new growth may even occur on the dying stuff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice