A little help please 20 gallon long lighting?

lucky strike 21

https://a.co/d/iXt105k
Would this light put me in high light on my 20 gallon long?
Light specs
40 watts
Par 15mW/cm2
Lumens 2400-2600

Tank measurements
Length 30.5
Height 13in
Width 13

I also have 2 18 watt full spectrum lights on it for now would I leave those on or too much light? Any help would be appreciated thank you​

How many wpg do I have?

86 ssinit

It’s going to come to. What do you plan on doing with the tank? Are you growing plants? Are you planning a fully planted tank with some hard to grow plants or just want plants to grow? I’ve been using this hygger
DFC03179-2687-4E67-92A6-528D56BE1543.png

lucky strike 21

It’s going to come to. What do you plan on doing with the tank? Are you growing plants? Are you planning a fully planted tank with some hard to grow plants or just want plants to grow? I’ve been using this hygger
DFC03179-2687-4E67-92A6-528D56BE1543.png
I plan on growing
Java fern
Rotala red
Anubias
Crypts
Amazon sword
Hornwort
Java moss
Heavily planted tank no co2 I just want fast growing plants
I was looking at that light too but I was thinking about the watts ?
Does that matter?
I also have 2 18 watt lights on at the moment so I would have 76 watts in total if I’m running all three lights on the 20 gallon long
I can also just keep the 40 watt alone on the 20 what do you think ? Should I aim for 3 wpg ?
These are the 18 watt lights I have
https://www.amazon.com/NICREW-Freshwater-Brightness-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B083ZDMMYH

86 ssinit

Watts don’t matter anymore with led. I can grow most of the plants with that light. Java fern and Anubis are low light plants. Best grown in the shadows of other plants. Swords are heavy root feeders and will need root tabs put under them every 3-6 months. The crypts may die off when you get them but don’t remove the roots. They have to adjust to your water and will grow back. When they start growing feed a half root tabs when they stop growing. Hornwort needs high lights and tends to grow on top and die on the bottom. I float it and it grows great. Java moss is also a low light plant. The 957 will work good for you. Other lights will be the vivagrow 24/7 and the finnex HLC. Both good light for the plants your looking at.

lucky strike 21

Watts don’t matter anymore with led. I can grow most of the plants with that light. Java fern and Anubis are low light plants. Best grown in the shadows of other plants. Swords are heavy root feeders and will need root tabs put under them every 3-6 months. The crypts may die off when you get them but don’t remove the roots. They have to adjust to your water and will grow back. When they start growing feed a half root tabs when they stop growing. Hornwort needs high lights and tends to grow on top and die on the bottom. I float it and it grows great. Java moss is also a low light plant. The 957 will work good for you. Other lights will be the vivagrow 24/7 and the finnex HLC. Both good light for the plants your looking at.
Thank you so Can I get away with just using the 40w light then? Or do I run all three lights ?Thank you again I am going to go buy some root tabs I am dosing plant fert has everything except phosphates and nitrogen

86 ssinit

Yes you can run just that light. It should be fine.

lucky strike 21

Yes you can run just that light. It should be fine.
Thank you very much for everything

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Vijay
  • Question
Replies
Views
JayAlva
Replies
Views
Chanyi