Question A Little Algae Eater?

shrimpforever777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Let me start by saying, yes I dedicate feed my bottom feeders, yes I understand that a "clean up crew" doesn't really exist, yes I know that no fish will do the work for me. With that out of the way...

I was just wondering if there is any kind of fish/invert that might be able to help eat some of this hard to scrape off algae/biofilm (in addition to being fed good food) is there are any? I have had a nerite before but I'd really like to stay away from them if at all possible, I really like long-fin bn plecos and lemon plecos and I love shrimp and stuff, I'm a real sucker for inverts! Any suggestions would help, my only criteria is that it is not super huge and community friendly.
20190816_160855.jpg

shrimpforever777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What size tank and how long has it been up n runnin? I would add 5 or so amano shrimp as long as none of your other inhabitants are invert hunters ... Gouramis rams and so on
I have a 55g fully established tank that has been up and running for about a year now. I am planning on some honey gouramis soon. I love rams but aren't they aggressive though?

St3v3

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, yes I dedicate feed my bottom feeders, yes I understand that a "clean up crew" doesn't really exist, yes I know that no fish will do the work for me. With that out of the way...

I was just wondering if there is any kind of fish/invert that might be able to help eat some of this hard to scrape off algae/biofilm (in addition to being fed good food) is there are any? I have had a nerite before but I'd really like to stay away from them if at all possible, I really like long-fin bn plecos and lemon plecos and I love shrimp and stuff, I'm a real sucker for inverts! Any suggestions would help, my only criteria is that it is not super huge and community friendly.View attachment 581150
I'd recommend ghost shrimp they are usually fairly cheap and may help as long as there is no predatory fish what kind of fish do you already have

shrimpforever777

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'd recommend ghost shrimp they are usually fairly cheap and may help as long as there is no predatory fish what kind of fish do you already have
I have a school of neon tetras, half a school of rasboras (harlequin), a clown pleco that I never see and a female betta (I tried to start a sorority but the other one died and I haven't got the chance to get more yet)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom