A great feeding!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlanGreene, Jan 8, 2013.

1. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I always wanted my fish to eat from my hands especially the discus, I had never really tried other when I just had the guppies and they almost jump into my hand every time I'm anywhere near the tank lol so wheres the challenge in that? so I decided to go for it with the discus today I got some frozen brine shrimp between my fingers and slowly entered my hand into the tank, my discus slowly came up beside my hand and started to pick away at it! I was thrilled! I am the only one who the discus doesn't hide from when they walk up to the tank, when ever I come in he always come up the the glass it's really cool, anyway I just wanted to share in my happy moment! videos to come :)

2. Matt BWell Known MemberMember

Nice work Alan! He's trusting you more and recognizing you as the "food god". ;)

Careful what you wish for though! I get splashed at feeding time and I know some larger cichlid keepers get soaked!

3. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I may learn yo hate it when I get the rest of the discus in my new tank and they are all fully grown but for the foreseeable future I am in fish feeding heaven! Being food god is cool, I just wish my fish would see me as a person you know? So we could hang out and things wouldn't be awkward LoL

4. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Can't wait for the video!!! Trying to get my Goldfish to eat from my hand, not all of them are doing it, but my Oranda and Ryukin will :)

5. Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I know, they just kinda stare........wierd. :;laughing

6. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Me to my fish "I love you my special aquatic friend" My fish to me "what you talkin bout willis"

7. Matt BWell Known MemberMember

Also, they're like "what is talking anyway?"

8. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

haha I guess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice