A good run in at Lowe's

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by Alcmiller, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Alcmiller

AlcmillerValued MemberMember

I just had to share this story with you guys..

I went to Lowe's today to pick up some materials for my DIY lighting project. This included some pvc pipe and some lighting sockets and an extension cord..

Well. I get up to customer service and ask for a 2 foot piece of PVC pipe and they help me out all fine and dandy, but then I requested the end caps for the pipe and all heck broke loose. The customer service woman pointed in the direction of them, meanwhile phoning for the floor manager to come down, "There might be a situation"

She thought I was getting materials for a pvc pipe bomb! I was baffled but quickly explained the situation..

Whew!

any of you guys have a similar run in while requesting interesting things for your aquarium? =)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

WOW-that's pretty funny in a bad way.

The bad part is what this world has come to where DIY aquarium projects can be misconstrued to mean pipe bombs.

I guess it's good you didn't have a shirt on saying "bomb technician-if you see me running-run the other way":)

3. bubblynutter

bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

Isn't it "try to keep up"? Otherwise you would run TOWARDS the bomb... :D

But yes, that's a pretty funny (in a dodgy way) story!

4. OP
    OP
    Alcmiller

AlcmillerValued MemberMember

You know, I didn't even expect any kind of misunderstanding like that either. It's a shame that this kind of thing has to be a worry for people now.

5. Elodea

ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

ROFL, a PVC pipe bomb!

Which makes me ask: why do they sell these supplies if they know that there is a chance of them becoming potential weaponry?

6. wonton55912Valued MemberMember

rotflmbo

7. FishVixen

FishVixenValued MemberMember

can i make one of those Daddy? PVC pipe bomb now thats a good one. Are you blowing up mail boxes again? I told you not to do that. :;laughing

8. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNAValued MemberMember

I once walked into a gas station to get gas.
    The attendent said sorry I dont have change for a twenty we were just robbed. I said OK it should take 20.
    Two seconds latter ON THE FLOOR YOU SO AND SO GET DOWN NOW I turn to find two of the counties finest, weapons drawn and pointing at me.

The attendent starts yelling THATS NOT HIM THATS NOT HIM.

All turned out well here is the funny part.

I was a 50 year old bone fish white male with fire red hair at the time and the description of the perp was hispanic around 20-25 dark complected with black hair.

9. bolivianbaby

Wow, what state do you live in? That's a pretty wacky mistake.

10. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Marie what do you know about those Shirts? Is actually supposed to say try to keep up with me. That is the Navy version.
    Hahahahaha:;id Bomb. :;laughing

11. bolivianbaby

It was late when I posted that. My meds had already kicked in;D

12. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

hahaha :;laughing

13. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNAValued MemberMember

It happened in Baltimore county MD. LOL Twice I have walked into places that were just robbed the other a 7-11.

14. bolivianbaby

Well that explains a lot. I was born in Dundalk myself and lived in Balti for two years when I was very young. Most of our family is from there and our visits have always been one of my favorite places/memories. Cops aren't too bright there, though.

15. JustinF

JustinFValued MemberMember

I worked at Lowe's and they would train cashiers and some of the managers to spot things that where unusual. One thing we would have to watch for was something that Lowe's stop carrying at one point because of something drug related, Lye I think. I've never had someone say anything about pipe bomb stuff but I'm sure it's happened at our store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice