a good begginers fish

balasharks
well I'm a begginer and I have reasently took intrest in fish.Since I'm a begginer I have been looking for easy to look after freshwater fish that are prety and peacfull.

a shubunkin has came to my mind a lot as they are very pretty and recomended as good beginers fish but can anyone else give sugestions of fish that could also be begginers fish

here is a shubunkin please send a picture of the fish you think would be best for me

Allie
Types of goldfish are good beginners fish...but again goldfish get huge (most people don't realize this). You said you have a 75 gallon that should be fine, but for how many I am not sure.
A tropical community tank is also a great thing. Types of tetra, mollies, guppies are all easy fish types.

Blub
Hi!

We cannot say what fish would be best for you without knowing some basic info: How big is the tank? How much time do you have to look after them? Tropical or Coldwater? Do you want a community aquarium?

Subumkins are hardy, but produce a ton of waste that can be hard to keep their tank clean.

balasharks
ok thanks allie I will check it out

ohh and I'm looking for some coldwater fish that csn fit into s 75 gallon tank. I will have atleast 2 to 3 shubunkins. ohh and is there any freshwater fish that clean tanks ?

Allie
ok thanks allie I will check it out

ohh and I'm looking for some coldwater fish that csn fit into s 75 gallon tank. I will have atleast 2 to 3 shubunkins. ohh and is there any freshwater fish that clean tanks ?
A common pleco (seem to tolerate colder weather sometimes) and 3 subunkins should be fine.

balasharks
ok thanks

Shawnie
cool lookin fish

Blub
Hi!

Common plecos need tropical temperatures - please, if your going to keep shubumpkins only keep other varietys of goldfish with them. You can fit 6 goldfish in there, so 3 shubumpkins, and 3 common golds?

balasharks
so what temp would I nee dsomething like 20-22 or 10-15

Blub
Hi!

For a common pleco you want 25-28C. Not what goldies like in the long term! Just don't keep tropical and coldwater fish together. Goldfish go with goldfish - that's about it! They can live with Koi in ponds I guess.

balasharks
ok so ill just get gold fish for now then when I'm more experienced maybe some tetras and stuff what do ya think ?

balasharks
ohh ok I have a combination of gold fish I like I'm gnna have 2 of each breed

so first I have the shubunkin:

Comet goldfish:

and the american fantail goldfish:

I think they would go pretty well together

ohh and just trying to save some money here could I get a slightly smaller tank for them 6 and it would be ok or should I stick with a 75 g ?

Butterfly
Tetras need tropical temperatures. Here is a list of cold water fish

Carol

Blub
Tetras need tropical temperatures. Here is a list of cold water fish

Carol
Hi!

However, almost all of those are to big for your tank or will be eaten.

75gal is just big enough for 6 goldies. The smallest tank size for 6 goldfish is 70gal. See why they take up so much space?

balasharks
ok well atleast a 70 gall is cheaper

Butterfly
Hi!

However, almost all of those are to big for your tank or will be eaten.

75gal is just big enough for 6 goldies. The smallest tank size for 6 goldfish is 70gal. See why they take up so much space?
The barbs aren't too big for his tank
Carol

balasharks
for one I'm a girl and for 2 I'm only getting goldfish

Butterfly
for one I'm a girl and for 2 I'm only getting goldfish
So sorry there was no gender sign so I didn't know.
carol

Blub
The barbs aren't too big for his tank
Carol
Hi!

I didn't see those... Wait, yeah Rosy barbs would be pretty cool actually.

balasharks
so am I allowed to mix rose barbs with the shubunkins. ohh and now I am only getting 3 shubunkins then I'm gnna build it up so I will need a slight smaler tank maybe say 50 galls

Blub
so am I allowed to mix rose barbs with the shubunkins. ohh and now I am only getting 3 shubunkins then I'm gnna build it up so I will need a slight smaler tank maybe say 50 galls

Hi!

Get a 75gal even if you only get 3 Shubumpkins! More space for the fish = happy fish! It willl also mean yoou can get more goldies a few months down the road -- you'll see!

Rosy barbs and Golds will go together fine.

Barbrella
I would stick with fancy goldfish for this tank. Comets grow much too large and need lots of room to swim.

Don't mix fancies with shubunkins, as the fancies are much slower and have a hard time competing for food.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rancore
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
wixenparadox
Replies
Views