A Girl Walks Into Lfs With Some Bnps

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Am i the only one who can't walk into their lfs without spending money? I went today to drop off some bristle nose juvies and walk out with some new ember tetra,rummy nose and a betta also food,plants and other stuff. I felt like I was really controlling myself at that (they had some gorgeous pictus catfish) I wanted to take home just about everything there!
I surly can't be the only one!
Hard to get a good pic but can't wait till he's through qt such a cutie! I only put him in the bowl to get a pic he's in a 20g at for now!
20180429_215502.jpg

20180429_215428.jpg
20180429_215431.jpg

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lol, I personally don’t typically have a problem, but I know some of our members are just like you. I do comepletely agree sometimes it’s so hard not to get some fish or other things... they are just quite stunning and tempting sometimes haha.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Goldiemom said:
I’ve been thinking about getting a betta. Yours is pretty
Do it.:. Come to the betta side... lol. If your looking into bettas maybe check it bettas and art, they’ve got some stunner females right now.

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Platylover said:
Lol, I personally don’t typically have a problem, but I know some of our members are just like you. I do comepletely agree sometimes it’s so hard not to get some fish or other things... they are just quite stunning and tempting sometimes haha.
My reasoning goes a little like...well I have the space,wouldn't it be wrong not to fill it?and I'll always try to support an independent local business haha even if it mean boiled potatoes for dinner for the next week !

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Goldiemom said:
I’ve been thinking about getting a betta. Yours is pretty
Bettas are awesome! My other one is a total photobomber! I swear he'd nearly grow legs and walk if it meant he could get in a pic!

Mazeus said:
Ha! I would probably would do this if I had the money.
Haha as I said boiled potatoes for dinner for me for the next while!

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 45g column tank free yesterday, went to two big box stores, one real nice LFS and didn't buy a single thing even though I could have this tank set up and running with cycled media by the end of the night. I will be going to the other LFS next week to see if I can find any of what I'm looking for then if not putting in an order online for it.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lissi Kat said:
My reasoning goes a little like...well I have the space,wouldn't it be wrong not to fill it?and I'll always try to support an independent local business haha even if it mean boiled potatoes for dinner for the next week !
I guess I might be a little different because my LFS is kind of hot and cold on how they take care of the fish. When they’re healthy though they’re really good, but I never buy plants there because they’re always algae infested and dying. Plants are probably what I’d impulse buy, so they really help me with not spending all my money on that lol.

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
sfsamm said:
I picked up a 45g column tank free yesterday, went to two big box stores, one real nice LFS and didn't buy a single thing even though I could have this tank set up and running with cycled media by the end of the night. I will be going to the other LFS next week to see if I can find any of what I'm looking for then if not putting in an order online for it.
Now that's self control!

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Platylover said:
I guess I might be a little different because my LFS is kind of hot and cold on how they take care of the fish. When they’re healthy though they’re really good, but I never buy plants there because they’re always algae infested and dying. Plants are probably what I’d impulse buy, so they really help me with not spending all my money on that lol.
I'm lucky in that they really seem to care for their fish they have a nice sw and coral section too and keep the discus well hidden at the back lol! They had some really nice bulb plants in today I've been struggling to get an apotogemon longiplumulosus so when I saw it I couldn't not get it. They keep cherry shrimp in there so no algae. Their advice is good too haha I feel blessed!

AquaticJ said:
Try working at one and getting 30% off on all fish.
Haha yeah I'd be walking into a bank looking for a mortgage sized loan...miss are you planning on buying a house?...em not exactly,well it's kind of like a house but fish live in it!
Edit
I'd be happy with working just working there ...they wouldn't even have to pay me.
I think I need to join FAA (fish addicts anenome) i mean anonymous

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lissi Kat said:
Haha yeah I'd be walking into a bank looking for a mortgage sized loan...miss are you planning on buying a house?...em not exactly,well it's kind of like a house but fish live in it!
Hahahaha, oh trust me, I have to try really really hard not to impulse buy every time I work! I can get my hands on pretty much anything, including saltwater fish/corals.

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
AquaticJ said:
Hahahaha, oh trust me, I have to try really really hard not to impulse buy every time I work! I can get my hands on pretty much anything, including saltwater fish/corals.
Yeah i think i can safely say that would be a dangerous position for me to be in only last week I was debating weather or not we really need a dinner table I found a 1500litre plus sump that I thought would look much nicer there...turns out the dinner table was not debatable and the van wasn't big enough to transport it anyway (I measured every possible angle) that made it a little easier .

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Last time I walked into the store the girl already remembered my tank size and what fishes I have

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Katarina said:
Last time I walked into the store the girl already remembered my tank size and what fishes I have
That's a good sign! Mine always ask me when bagging up the fish if they're going into separate tanks to which I reply many different tanks! I always quarantine first tho. it was only a little while ago I figured out that's why they bag them all separately.. .I feel bad but don't quite have the heart to tell them they all go in the same qt first

Lissi Kat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Miaw said:
I can't help myself
Oh nice is that a clown killi in your profile pic? Was actually looking for some today hopefully they'll be in next month!

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes it is. Sadly it died because I shutdown its tank and moved them. I want them again because they are definitely in the top 10 best looking fish!

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
AquaticJ said:
Try working at one and getting 30% off on all fish.
I end up helping customers, and getting a 'knowledge bonus' (it's little things like being able to pricematch from eBay, and things like that). I've been offered a job, but the state has decided that I can't legally work for more than four hours on weekends. I've walked in there twice in one day, then come back the next day!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom