A Fry's Story, From One Day To The Next

1. fishy friend2

fishy friend2 Valued Member Member

My beloved female Platy, flame, has just given birth. unfortunately I was a bit late to save the fry and I could only catch one, he is now growing up in my 6 gallon tank. I thought that I might aswell and share a log on how it will be going, and my steps in the process

DAY 1
    the fry is just about a millimeter in length s/he is obtaining a very faint orange color under the light, s/he is also beginning to accept finely crushed flake foods now, I will try and feed bloodworms and other live foods tomorrow to see if it will eat some
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MD Angels

MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Aww cute!
    Is Flame red/orange? What colour is the father? Very nice tank the little guy has!

3. OP
    OP
    fishy friend2

thanks, I love him/her sooo much!
    I honestly don't know which platy is there father, I only have 3 platies, all of them are an orange color, but when I bought the female she was placed in a tank of blues, reds, greens, yellows, and dotted, so I dont know what color the fry are going to turn out, hopefully another color besides red, lol

4. MD Angels

MD Angels Well Known Member Member

ooh.. so it will be a surprise! lol S/he already has a yellow/orange tint, but who knows what will develop. :)

5. OP
    OP
    fishy friend2

The fry doesn't seem very interested in bloodworms.... Most of my fish swarm for it. Lol. And yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait for the color to develop until I can tell