A fish you really want, but can't get - Page 2

Is there a fish you really like but can't get?

• Yes

Votes: 118 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Mike

Sabi

Josh31

The illusive little sucker!

I want an Imperial Zebra Plecostumus however, they are no longer available in the U.S. They're rather small for a pleco about 3" full grown but, what a striking black and white zig-zag patterned fish. They're native to S. America, Peru I think and do not breed in captivity. That's why they're thousands of dollars a piece. Has to be the most expensive fish per size ever. If anyone finds a more inexpensive source for these fish please let me know.

Martinismommy

I would really love to have a Blue Mandarin Golby.. One day, maybe I'll have the proper set up to keep one...To me, they are the most beautiful creature under the sea.....

Gamer

Let's see: Rainbowfish, gouramis, various shrimps, various african cichlids and discus. All of these I am planning to get except the discus. I'd love to have the species but I just don't think I'd have what it takes to keep and take care of them.

liamgooner

Tropical Blue Lobster. Had one before and there great. Eat anything though

Donpa

I would love to have a full grown arapaima gigas, captive raised. If my dorm room itself was a tank it still wouldn't be anywhere big enough though.

GothicCandle

There are a lot of fish I would like to have. most of which I think are too easy to kill for a tropical fish beginner like me. The fish I have had all lived very long lives, but I don't want to take chances.

Sabi

Black ghost knife fish. too small tanks!

nanoman923

ive always wanted a tiger barb. too agressive

Iluvatar

I know most people will vote yes

Devon

Hmm... into my current set-up I could only have some more tiger barbs and a school of Black Neons that I only can't get right now because the silly tank refuses to stop killing my babies. But... if I could have any tank(s)... and any amount of money for stock... the list would go on FOREVER...

Alessa

it sounds pretty simple because I don't want anything super-special...
but I want neon tetras and hatchetfish :'(

Jillanne

beluga whale

Slug

Zebra Plecos
Paretroplus menarambo
Paretroplus maculatus

russ757

Yes

Oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

fins

id like a needle nose gar but I don't think my 55 is large enough,,, id like a tank with just oscars and id like a huge cichlid display

platy ben

A 45G amazon tank with,
2 discus (probably both turquise, or 1 blood red and 1 turquise)
10 Cardinals
4 or 5 panda corys
4 or 5 ottos.

Cant because of lack of space and not enough money

heartsongsinger

I want an aggressive fish tank with fish like cichlids and a salt water tank but if I bought any more tanks my parents would probably be mad. Plus my dad won't let me buy a salt water. Yesterday though, he asked me if I could put clownfish in my tank. I told him they were saltwater and he sounded sad.

fishrule101

I want a seahorse but my tank is not big enough and they need to be kept in a species only tank.

Lucy

I voted in the poll a long time ago and after being introduced to so many fish through this site, I've narrowed down the fish I really want that I can't have.

All of them that I don't have already! ;D

Seriously though, I've been fascinated by Cichlids lately.

Christian Patti

I'm hoping to take my empty 50 gallon corner tank and turn it into a discus showcase in my living room. And I would also like to put a ton of live plants I'm my tank someday.
I think my fishkeeping dreams are in reach.

peacemaker92

I DO have a fish I really really want but can't get it. The reason is I've got not enough cash to buy it and for a large tank for it. I've also haven't any space left in my house to keep it.

Sabi

peacemaker92 said:
I DO have a fish I really really want but can't get it. The reason is I've got not enough cash to buy it and for a large tank for it. I've also haven't any space left in my house to keep it.
What fish?

zeddy

I really wamt a blue ribbon eel but my current tank is to small. but soon I will be setting up my big tank but I still need a few key parts

PetSmart

Platinum AllI gar

pinkfloydpuffer

I'd love to get a cowfish! They are so cute and hilarious. I'd also like a porcupine puffer.

Markm0723

I have been looking for over a year for some wild caught Jack Dempseys.

Mark

heartsongsinger

any kind of cichild. or a pair of bristlenoses (may be happening)

PepsiGirl71

I really would like to have Angelfish but the tanks I have set up now are too small. For my dream tank that's still in shrink wrap from moving, I really want Discus for it but that's not going to happen living so far from a decent pet store...

angelfish220

basically, salty fish.

kloseo

I would love a puffer, but no where near big enough tank

bluealuefish

african cichlids and a Saltwater setup.. just a tiny one! maybe one day.. =)

pinkfloydpuffer

sticky fish said:
I want a porcupine puffer!
Me too ;D
My plan is to have one within the next few years...

rainman

jgon_

I would love to get a green spotted puffer after reading PFP's posts and seeing them buzz around smiling in the LFS. I rent out a tiny bedroom (yay grad school budget!) and I already have 3 tanks, just don't have room and time to happily house, care, or feed a puffer...one day though.

Shaina

A Jaguar Cichlid...C. managuese, but I don't have a big enough tank.

And a lionfish, of course. Everyone wants a lionfish. How can you *not* want a lionfish? lol

pinkfloydpuffer

Well, I don't want to get stung by one, I hear it's pretty painful... but otherwise, they are way cool!

fishlover78

a koI pond

Nick G

Butters

A giant red tailed gouramI and A jardinI arowana, those are top two on my list.

Shaina

Nick Goody said:
Jaguar Cichlid. But just can't get hold of one
There was a 7" one at my LFS last week...

Hypnox

Yellow Tang, A number of Saltwater angels and other saltwater fish too larg to fit in my 20 gallon reef. Some day I will have that 75 gallon FOWLR...

catfishlover123

I want a pleco so badly but I only have a ten gallon tank and a pleco would die of stunned growth and I am already stocked and I wanted a bamboo shrimp.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom