A fish you really want, but can't get

Is there a fish you really like but can't get?

• Yes

Votes: 118 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Sabi
Is there a fish you really want and will fit into your current setup(s) but can't get it because of some reason or another? Like you want a zebra pleco but cost is a hold back or you want convict cichlids but you are overstocked?

COBettaCouple
I'd like to get Zebra plecos.

Gargoyle
I want 2 to 4 Oscars... My family currently won't allow that... I told them the pretty fish int he community tank would taste good to them.. But that didn't work..

Of course I'm joking about that last part.

King_Snuggles
An Oscar and a Black Ghost Knife

luna
I barely have room for my Betta Kappa House, so yes. I don't even know what else I'd want, besides a puffer (the little things are just so CUTE!), because I don't want to plan for fish I won't have room for...for probably 4+ years. Either my parents or I will have to buy a bigger house (we all know we need one, the current place was never meant to be permanent or hold all 3 of us) before we'll have room for me to indulge the inevitable MTS.

Coryd55
Allie
I really want to keep Blue Diamond discus, about 5 of them in a big tank with some tetra and a zebra pleco pair (or a look alike). BUT They BD discus cost a lot & so do zebra plecos. The only tank I have that I'd want to keep them in is the 120 gallon which is full of Lake MalawI africans.

tan.b
i'd love zebra plecos or those polka dot plecos! all you can get round here are bristlenoses and common plecos.....so I settled for a bristlenose!

Richard
Some more Khulie Loaches to keep that one lonely guy in my Loach tank company.. haven't seen any in my LFS for a looooooooong time!

TheEssigs
there would just be too many to list...

does anyone with MTS ever say... now I have all the fish I want.... AHHHHH

NEVER!

Shawnie
I want 2 to 4 Oscars... My family currently won't allow that... I told them the pretty fish int he community tank would taste good to them.. But that didn't work..

Of course I'm joking about that last part.

LOL yes oscars love pretty small colored fish and they are amazing fish to have ...oscars I mean..they are so like a dog...

and id love to have discus' of any color..they amaze me

Sabi
there would just be too many to list...

does anyone with MTS ever say... now I have all the fish I want.... AHHHHH

NEVER!

too true.

Sabi
I'd like a type of shark I saw at my lfs (dunno what type but they were lovely, grey with black stripes) and oscars. I'm sure they'd fit in my 67gal but I won't change my community aquarium.

hockeyref88
An Arowana.......................If you think about how many different speices of fish there are, there is no way I would ever be able to answer no to this question.

Gargoyle
An Arowana.......................If you think about how many different speices of fish there are, there is no way I would ever be able to answer no to this question.

A buddy of mine has one.... Incredible fish!!

Angela_96
I really want a GBR!

I have african cichlids, I even had a tank set up for a pair of GBR's and when we went shopping for another african cichlid setup for peacocks we brought home a little baby peacock and I said I would put it in the GBR tank (I had to redo a few things, for one ad some crushed coral and limestone for ph rise) so needless to say no GBRs..... but skittles (the baby peacock is by itself and thriving so well with no compitition for food) and when it gets big enough it will go in the main peacock tank and I will take the tank and again try to make it ready for a pair of GBRs!

Peterpiper
A leafy sea dragon, but the tank size required is just to big ( for now, but one day... dreams are free.. )... black coral is another.. better stop, am getting in a "I want" mood!

Tom
I want one of the Gold Asian Arowana and nothing wrong with it, like looking down, any damage, etc.
Tom

Peterpiper
Ok, changed my mind.. now I want a Killer Whale

Jimold
I'm going with Coryd55 and say Lionfish. But I'm so wrapped up in my garden tanks I don't have the space or $$$ for a saltwater setup right now.

capekate
There are LOTS of fish I would love to have ...
Number one on the list are A. Cichlids. I really wish I could have those...(working on the idea now tho)
Oscars are pretty kewl too, and would love them.
Of course my all time favorities are the wonderful Saltwater fish tanks.. but I do not see myself ever having the money to set one up tho... :-\
~ kate

tan.b
well...in that case...i'd like a dolphin or 3! although they're not technically a fish....hmmm?!

Sabi
Hello, guys?!!
I said fish that will fit into your current setups!!lol!

shooter_tx
Aside from the rather obvious whale shark, I think the zebra pleco you mentioned from the get-go is a good one. Someone else mentioned a khulI loach.

On the Saltwater side, a lionfish, or a clownfish+anemone would be pretty cool, but I'm struggling with a Freshwater setup now.....

Sabi
3 lionfish fans, that's cool! Well i'd love to get one when my Saltwater tank is ready.

Neville
I have wanted an oscar for so long and finally i'v got one few days back. YAHoo!!!!!!!!!

Oil_Fan
All I have is SW. What I'd love to get is blue tang. But they get as large a 1' long and really need at least a 6' wide tank and 100+ gallons. My current setup is only 3' wide and 65 gallons.

I'm hoping on getting a second main tank to put into the basement in about a year or so. If so, that will be a nice large tank.

sirdarksol
luna

well...in that case...i'd like a dolphin or 3! although they're not technically a fish....hmmm?!

1. They aren't "killer", nor are they whales. Orcas are actually a variety of porpoise.

2. You're right. They're not fish, they're marine mammals...but they ARE cute!

Blub
Hi!

SulawesI shrimp (Price!), Crystal red shrimp (Price!), Discus (Now, where do they sell pythons in the UK?:rolleyes, Cardinal tetras (Stocked tank), Harlequin rasboras (Stocked!), Marthae silver hatchets (Availability), Angels (Stocked), Zebra pleco (Not the right tank!), QAP (Price!), the list goes on and on...

jamison
I would love a wolf fish! But I really have my hands full with my two pacu. I used to want red belly piranha, which I thought my pacu were when I bought them, but I absolutely adore my pacu and would'nt have it any other way! I also want a pleco or two, but I have'nt found one the right size. I always find babies that are absolutely beautiful, but Jamison and Finnigan eat any fish smaller than them

tan.b
Hello, guys?!!
I said fish that will fit into your current setups!!lol!

mmmm, they did say at school "always read the question".....not so easy when multI tasking!
.....better get a pool dug into my garden then!

Red wag platy
Saltwater fish or Spongebob!

MissMTS
I just got an 80 gallon tank and it was a toss up between oscars and discus. I went with an oscar, so now I am left wanting a tank of discus. I just don't have the room. A zebra pleco would also be nice, but that is WAY over my budget

kra-z-fishmumm
Salt Water tank,,ummm 75g... no money lol

MagpieTear
L-239 Pleco Not that I don't have the room, just can't find one locally, and I have serious reservations about buying fish online and having them shipped.

Cherrry123
Ok, now you're all going to laugh at this, but I want a .....Bristlenosed pleco. Ok there. I can't find one any where. None at Petsmart. And there are like no other petstores without having to drive a good distance away. And I refuse to buy fish online.

Sabi
Ok, now you're all going to laugh at this, but I want a .....Bristlenosed pleco. Ok there. I can't find one any where. None at Petsmart. And there are like no other petstores without having to drive a good distance away. And I refuse to buy fish online.
I couldn't find one either, I got mine by chance named gold nugget.

wkinne02
Who voted "no" in this poll?

The cheap (but true) answer to this question is "all of the fish that are at the LFS, but not in my home".

The realistic answer, for me, is an Electric Blue Jack.

Once upon a time, when my 75 gallon was still up and running, I could have done it, but now in the house of all tall tanks, it is an impossibility.

chickadee
I always wanted a Zebra Pleco and will never have one. I thought I was getting one a year ago or so but it did not work out. The guy who said he would sell us one backed out at the last minute. I was upset but got the Gypsy King Tiger Pleco and the Queen Arabesque and the Clown Pleco and they are such sweethearts I cannot be upset about having them instead.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
  • Poll
  • Quiche
  • Polls
Replies
Views
aquatickeeper
Replies