A Few Videos From Today Of My Various Color Morphs

Discussion in 'Endlers Livebearers' started by endlercollector, Jun 12, 2018.

1. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

So I've been moving fish around again, and it's a process since the Endlers have a way of squeezing down between the glass pebbles and hiding out. After two days of this nonsense, I finally put a very large net in and left it there with a couple of smaller nets, and over the course of a few hours, I finally got the last 6 flametails out of the 10 gallon and into what was formerly a hybrid 20 long. It's still a bit cloudy as it usually takes two water changes for my dirted tanks to clear up. No plants yet in the substrate yet--I just threw in all the duckweed from the 10 gallon for now.

Here are the snakeskin orchids in a 20 tall. Lots of algae that I've been encouraging by keeping the wood blinds open to feed the nerites. There's a female in there that arrived with scoliosis. So far, I haven't seen any hints of illness in her, and I'm happy to say that I haven't noticed any scoliosis thus far in the juveniles. I've noticed that quite a few of the girls have dark dorsal fins, which I think of as resembling black crowns.

And yet again, my red spot tank. I know I post a lot of videos of them, but their tank has been working out much better than any of my others. I'm going to start pulling out the snails to feed Peony the pea puffer.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Lovely fish & tanks, thanks for sharing :)

3. Lacey D

Lacey D Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous! Does that glass substrate work out well for you? Seems like it would be easier to keep clean than either gravel or the soil/sand I'm using (then again, I'm trying to do the Walstead method, which is clearly becoming increasingly silly for Endler, because the plant/fish ratio is never going to work out :p)

4. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

I'd read somewhere that some fish are bothered by the reflections off of glass pebbles, but the Endlers and other fish I have don't seem to notice it at all. The snails keep the pebbles well polished, and I like how the detritus filters down between them to the soil--something that doesn't happen with a sand cap. I rarely vaccum as I hate how fry and curious adults going swirling away into the bucket. There's always a chance of cross contamination with buckets, so I just don't want to have to fish them out of there if I can help it ;) And yes, it's only Walstad-inspired--can't really pull it off without a predator in there to keep the numbers down :0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice