A few sump/refugium questions

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm always looking for ways to improve my refuguim. These are a few questions I've wonder about.
Why is there a need for a bubble trap? Can I leave my light on 24 hours on my refugium? Why do some people their lights at the opposite time they run they tank lights?
All I have in my refugium right on is Chaeto and live rock.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A bubble trap helps rid fine bubbles that should not be returned to DT. It helps in gas exchange for water traveling to sump or refuge.For lights to refuge I recommend lights on DT during day and refuge lights during nite if you have lights on for along period of time unwanted algal diatoms will soon take over! Doing refuge at nite and DT during day Will help on heat from lights.

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for you answer Stang. I was wondering about on at night of at day on the refugium. Since I have chiller it really doesn't matter for men then. It's easier for me to use the timer for the main light.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have a chiller then do refuge as DT and no lights at nite and use an LED moonlight at nite this will enhance growth for all types of corals to reproduce!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom