A Few Questions...

AnthonyC4C

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I have a few things going on and I think I may know the answer to two of them BUT I figure I would ask you guys instead...

Scenario...

My Environment seems to be doing GREAT, My Plants are thriving and growing, My Fish seem Happy and Content BUT...

Issue 1.) My plants though they seem to be doing well two of my plants seem to be getting a tan/brown film over it.

*Question 1.) Is this safe? Can I clean this off or let it stay? Or will this go away on its own? Honestly I just dont like it...it looks the plant needs to take a shower...lol

Issue 2.) My Fishie Friends seem to act lively and happier when I take the carbon filters off my undergravel filter...

*Question 2.) Is it alright just to leave it off or what? I only ask this is because if you read a lot of the medicines for Fungus and Ich and whatever what not its always says take off the carbon filters.

Issue 3.) Two of my Blue Cobalt Angelfish are Really Buddy Buddy...Even to the Point they claimed one of my leafy plants as home base and even sleep there together.

*Question 3.) Am I thinking correctly like is this a mating thing going on and I am going to end up with a bajillion of little fishy fry in the future?

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR =)

Never mind the questions....

Diatoms which will go away after awhile because its a newly cycled tank...

Carbon Filters this was one of many articles I found
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquarium/carbon.php

And lastly YEAP...looks like I'm gonna be learning more about raising little fishy fry before I start seeing little egg dots on leaves...

Last edited by a moderator:

scarlett4410

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I have a few things going on and I think I may know the answer to two of them BUT I figure I would ask you guys instead...

Scenario...

My Environment seems to be doing GREAT, My Plants are thriving and growing, My Fish seem Happy and Content BUT...

*Question 1.) Is this safe? Can I clean this off or let it stay? Or will this go away on its own? Honestly I just dont like it...it looks the plant needs to take a shower...lol

It could be a form of algea, you should try rubbing it of and see what happens. It could be that or they could be dying.

*Question 2.) Is it alright just to leave it off or what? I only ask this is because if you read a lot of the medicines for Fungus and Ich and whatever what not its always says take off the carbon filters.

Do you have another from of filter? If not then you will need t keep it on or get another filter , i have heard bad things about the UGF and if it were me would get a new filter.

*Question 3.) Am I thinking correctly like is this a mating thing going on and I am going to end up with a bajillion of little fishy fry in the future?

Yes possbily , im not an expert in angels but i now that a buldging belly and extreme agression are some of the signs i think that they flash fins and lock their mouths and twist around together.And once there happy they chose a site and ' clean ' it ready for the eggs.That sounds so cute!

Anyway hope this helped and you have a happy new years eve wait is it new years eve or was that last night im so confused what there called anyway

scarlett4410

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Poo ! i just answered the questions for nothing ... oh well!
What were the new questions?Also i hope you have little babys

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom