A female just dropped fry

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, this evening I was luckey to be able to capture one of my black swordtails deliver babies...
She dropped two kinds of varieties of fry.

jasmine-smith

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's awesome!! I miss my sword tail babies

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Amazoniantanklvr said:
Thanks, but I have fry born of several livebearers almost every week overhere. I just wanted to film one of the pregnant swordtails. And she was already starting to drop fry. So, I scooped her out of her own tank and put her in a smaller tank. So, her adult tank mates wouldn´t bother her while filming. She dropped them in a relax way. She won´t eat her fry to be honest. That´s what I knew from former drops of her. And today wasn´t any different.
I´ve got about 80 tanks running overhere. I breed several kinds of livebearers (both fancy and wild species). But there are also livebearers that are harder to breed and have a low number of fry. Even a number of rare wild livebearer species have longer gestation periods which can take 8 weeks before delivering. Not all livebearers are like rabbits... :)

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
emeraldking said:
Thanks, but I have fry born of several livebearers almost every week overhere. I just wanted to film one of the pregnant swordtails. And she was already starting to drop fry. So, I scooped her out of her own tank and put her in a smaller tank. So, her adult tank mates wouldn´t bother her while filming. She dropped them in a relax way. She won´t eat her fry to be honest. That´s what I knew from former drops of her. And today wasn´t any different.
I´ve got about 80 tanks running overhere. I breed several kinds of livebearers (both fancy and wild species). But there are also livebearers that are harder to breed and have a low number of fry. Even a number of rare wild livebearer species have longer gestation periods which can take 8 weeks before delivering. Not all livebearers are like rabbits... :)
Cool! Good to know!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Overhere the same female with a fry sticking out of her and almost ready to be popped out...
IMG_7070.JPG

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All 45 fry have been moved to another tank with my rainbow endlers ( this is the official rainbow endler from the wild, Cumana region, Venezuela). In there they may grow out.
IMG_7146.JPG

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

Attachments

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Video of releasing these fry in their new home...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads