A female Betta?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Would my tank be to crowded now or would I be ale to put just one female betta in either tank, preferably the 28?
Tom

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a good idea, many of your tanks are allreadyy overstocked, and bettas male or female don't get along with most fish.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You have fish in both of the bigger tanks that are incompatible with bettas in general. They are either going to cause the bettas problems or the bettas will cause them a problem.

Rose

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chickadee said:
You have fish in both of the bigger tanks that are incompatible with bettas in general. They are either going to cause the bettas problems or the bettas will cause them a problem.

Rose
What type of fish are those?
gammerus-Thanks. I was just wondering 'cause they had some really beautiful colors.
Tom

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
36 gallon: Tetras and Shark

28 gallon: Angel and Tetras

The Shark and Angel are going to scare your betta into a hiding place and make her unhealthy and the Tetras are fin nippers and will have her fins infected with finrot before you have her a month.

Rose

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, I never thought of those fish to be a threat since they are all very friendly, except the shark who just hides all of the time except for food which I hand feed anyways. But I'll take your word for it since your what I'd consider the Betta expert.
Tom

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
a betta does well ina 5gal with some plants

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't really want to set up any more tanks for a few reasons. And for the 10 gallon, when the platy are gone, it goes into storage or just sits dormant until needed again. With of course the filter still going.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom