A different type of quarantine

smee82

Well I'm in china so I'm basically quarantining myself until I go back to work. Thankfully my wife only has a couple of half days left at the hospital and then she will start her maternity leave. What a wonderful way to spend my vacation.

This is my quarantine kit so far

15kg rice .
10kg of frozen pork.
5kg of flour.

Need to get
Long life milk
Potatoes
Eggs
Beer
Spirits

What else would you get.

johnbirg

Ok, here goes- onions, red capsicums, Bok Choy, garlic, jars or tins of curry base and lots of canned tomatoes. Plus more beer. I forgot butter and cheese. Plus beer.

Nikao

Don’t forget beer

MacZ

I'd take a look at the content lists of MREs for more ideas. Also, why quarantine?

smee82

Ok, here goes- onions, red capsicums, Bok Choy, garlic, jars or tins of curry base and lots of canned tomatoes. Plus more beer.

Got plenty of curry powder and garlic so I'm good there. The problem with leafy veggies is they only last a few days in the fridge. But I could always steal the bearded dragons salad if it gets too bad.

Beers becoming a bit of a problem I'm not sure how to hide a month or 2 supply from my wife, she already thinks I drink too much beer as it is.

But the beer shop doesn't reopen for at least another couple of days so if any ones got any ideas how to hide a months worth of beer from my wife share away.

Also need to get add couple of bottles of vodka and whiskey to the shopping list

I'd take a look at the content lists of MREs for more ideas. Also, why quarantine?

The wuhan caronavirus. 14 cases in tianjin as of tonight. All universities start dates have been postponed until further notice so my vacation has been extended, yay.

Wonder if I can get MREs in china.

ProudPapa

I'd want Dr Pepper, but that might be hard to find.

smee82

I'd want Dr Pepper, but that might be hard to find.

Id rather drink fish water then dr pepper or pepsi. Coke the only one I like and I can live without it if I don't have any rum.

MacZ

Id rather drink fish water then dr pepper or pepsi. Coke the only one I like and I can live without it if I don't have any rum.

Agree in that I'd rather drink fish water than anything named in your post.

The wuhan caronavirus. 14 cases in tianjin as of tonight. All universities start dates have been postponed until further notice so my vacation has been extended, yay.

Wonder if I can get MREs in china.

It has reached Europe already with three cases in France.
Yes, MREs are available in China. Heard they're all but morale boosting but they exist.

ProudPapa

Everyone's tastes are different. I've been drinking Dr Pepper for 50 years, although if it was suddenly available only in the plastic bottles I'd quit immediately.

smee82

Agree in that I'd rather drink fish water than anything named in your post.

It has reached Europe already with three cases in France.
Yes, MREs are available in China. Heard they're all but morale boosting but they exist.

Sacrilege, How can you not like beer, whiskey or vodka.

MacZ

Sacrilege, How can you not like beer, whiskey or vodka.

Dry alcoholic for 12 years.

ProudPapa

You have my respect. I know it isn't easy. I like my beer, and a little wine occasionally, but I haven't had anything stronger in over 30 years. I didn't know when to stop when I was drinking the hard stuff.

MacZ

Thanks. I wouldn't have mentioned it if the OP hadn't asked directly. Also there's actually alcohol free beer here that's drinkable. Next project: Quit smoking. 7 days nicotine free and still totally fine.

ProudPapa

Thanks. I wouldn't have mentioned it if the OP hadn't asked directly. Also there's actually alcohol free beer here that's drinkable. Next project: Quit smoking. 7 days nicotine free and still totally fine.

I tried one of the alcohol-free beers. It was (in my opinion) undrinkable. Maybe there's a better one.

And thankfully I never had to quit smoking. I've lived 58 years without trying any tobacco, so I think I'll manage to resist for however much time I have left. I guess I always thought I had enough other bad habits without adding another one.

MacZ

Well... we have so many beers to choose here, it's to expect there is at least something among those, that's alcohol-free and tasty. I only found two brands I can go with any day. Most others smell like detritus and taste like old socks.

Basil

Oh yikes! We just discussed the guidelines for a possible corona virus patient in the hospital where I work.
I’m a wine drinker so would add wine to that list but also canned tuna and salmon, and frozen veggies.

smee82

Well done. Ive quit smoking now for a 4 years sometimes I'm not sure if its healthy to be a smoker in china. I'm sure it must filter out some of the pollution while your smoking it.

Oh yikes! We just discussed the guidelines for a possible corona virus patient in the hospital where I work.
I’m a wine drinker so would add wine to that list but also canned tuna and salmon, and frozen veggies.

Ive convinced My wife to start her maternity leave a few weeks early so her last shift is tomorrow hopefully. Ive got red wine but will pass on the tinned fish, I love it fresh but even the smell of tinned males me feel sick. Theres no frozen veggies for sale here only fresh. I normally buy my veggies every day after work.

smee82

Just went to buy some veggies and 2 out of 3 shops where stripped bare and the last was charging double, No bread, milk or egg at all. I got what I could.

All online shopping deliveries have been stopped from today too.

TWiG87

Wow, stay safe. Hopefully it’ll all be over/ under control soon

smee82

I feel sorry for the fish quarantine is bloody boring. Finally get a day without pollution and I can't go outside.

TWiG87

I feel sorry for the fish quarantine is bloody boring. Finally get a day without pollution and I can't go outside.

That figures, but I think I’d rather stay away. At least you have the forum to occupy some time

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Joseph Huntley
Replies
Views
eaglescout316
Replies
Views
Mike
Replies
Views