A day of MTS

hockeyref88
Well my wife and I spent the entire day going from LFS to LFS buying special gravel and equipment not to mention betta's and then moving furniture and shelve's. Generally wasted the whole day to set home's for 5 very lucky little betta boy's. I divided the 2 book shelf tanks over the weekend and Jacq bought the little 2.5 bowfront for her store. Different colored gravel for each fish. decorations, plants ect.....You would think this is real important stuff here. Anyhow its all good. Everybody's settled in and digging there new dig's. I could go on but I won't. Jacq posted pic's to follow.

Shawnie
WOW !! you really took the advice of the "neighbor"

5? niccccce..cant wait to see pics...isnt it fun shopping for all the things to go with your new kids

Lucy
From the man who was trying to resist getting a betta!

It sounds like you both had a productive day. Congrats!

MinxMermaid
Here are the tanks

Bookshelf tanks really do fit on bookshelves!!!
The bottom shelf is the Mini-Bow that will be going to the store when I go to work on Wednesday. I'm kinda bummed about the lighting in the Mini-Bow, its kinda yellow and very dull. Does anybody know if I can change this light. it says 15W max.

This is Ace!

Starting from Top Left is ACE!

I believe he is a Spade Tail Betta, so of course ACE of Spades.

We loved how his coloring is golden bronze and his tail is sheer with hints of color.

He is VERY AGGRESSIVE though and he and Lemon Flared at each other for an hour, so we switched Lemon and Rainbow to see if that's a better match.

Oh we put hamster "space ships" in the tanks and Ace loves his already!

This is LEMON!

Lemon is great. He was flaring a lot with Ace, so we moved him to the Mini-Bow for now and he might go to the store with me.

This is FLAME!

Flame we fell in love with at first sight. He was magnificant! He hasn't flared much in the tank (which is good!) but since he's cool, haven't really gotten a pic of him in all his glory.

We started out calling him Fire, but Flame seems to have stuck since then.

He is submissive to the big Pink Panther he shares the bookshelf with. they come to the divider, Pink Flares and wiggles BIG and Flame thinks about it and swims away.

This is the PINK PANTHER! I think....

This one I call PINK PANTHER, but Rick hates the name, so we may be in the market for a name suggestion.

He's very full of himself and swims around very proudly fins open, slow and smooth. He even looks sternly at Flame and the red giant hI tails it away.

This is a Beautiful fish for sure!

Lucy
Handsome boys! I love the way you do your tanks.

MinxMermaid
And this is RAINBOW!

Last but not least is RAINBOW

He is a bit shy and I havn't seen him fully open his fins yet. Originally we put him in the Mini-Bow tank for the store. and he looks great in that color of gravel and tank, but since we were concerned about Ace and Lemon, we Switched Lemon and Rainbow.
And Lemon May now be going to the store and Rainbow will Stay with Ace if they get along.

So far, when Ace Flares, Rainbow hides, so it might be OK.

The one duller pic of Rainbow was in the MiniBow, where the light is weak and the other is after we moved him to the bookshelf.

By the way, we ended up getting Flame and Rainbow, from the nice "Mom" at the LFS who keeps them nice and pretty.
and we rescued Pink Panther, Ace and Lemon from the nasty LFS who has them in open cups by the door by the street, where they are filthy dirty and evaporate quickly.

Shawnie
LOVVVVVVVVE THEM~~

Such great fish parents!! I think I like rainbow the best and boys I bet hes going to be a looker when he cleans up...

Congrats Jaq n Rick aka "the neighbors"!

Martinismommy
I am at a loss for words lol........Your neighbor must have put a spell on you!

Beautiful tanks.......Gorgeous Betta kids.......And wonderful Betta parents!

hockeyref88
I am at a loss for words lol........Your neighbor must have put a spell on you!

Beautiful tanks.......Gorgeous Betta kids.......And wonderful Betta parents!

But you are the QUEEN of Betta Parents with that Rose Tail Patron!!!

Something like that is my dream....some day.....

ooops....Jacq posted under Ricks username again......sorry

COBettaCouple
Congrats on a whole bunch of beautiful new Bettas!

Martinismommy
Pink Panther is to die for! I think his name should be "Pinky" I have a tattoo somewhere on my body that says "Pinky" I'll prove it if asked lol....Nothing X rated of course.......

Tazmiche
Stunning fish!!! Try this site for a name for Pink Panther. I've just used it to name my female!!

shellbell4ever
Congrats on all your beautiful babies The tanks look wonderful as well...I'm not sure but I think you can try the minI fluorescent bulbs for the minI bow tank I got mine at Walmart in the fish department.Best of luck with all your new babies

Fishies-for-me
I'm kinda bummed about the lighting in the Mini-Bow, its kinda yellow and very dull. Does anybody know if I can change this light. it says 15W max.

You can buy compact florecent bulbs for $ 4-5 at Walmart. They are great as they put out a lot of light with little wattage. They also put out very little heat so you don't have to worry about cooking the fish or melting the hood. I have these on both of my 5 gallon hex tanks and love them.
Btw love the bookshelf tanks and the way you have decored them....fish are awesome looking. MY favs are Pink and Flame. And if hubby hates Pink Panther...how about Pink Floyd...lol.

hockeyref88
You can buy compact florecent bulbs for $ 4-5 at Walmart. They are great as they put out a lot of light with little wattage. They also put out very little heat so you don't have to worry about cooking the fish or melting the hood. I have these on both of my 5 gallon hex tanks and love them.
Btw love the bookshelf tanks and the way you have decored them....fish are awesome looking. MY favs are Pink and Flame. And if hubby hates Pink Panther...how about Pink Floyd...lol.

I love pink Floyd!!!

Martinismommy
Pink Floyd is the PERFECT name!

hockeyref88
Pink Floyd is the PERFECT name!

Yeah I was thinking that too................I'll run it past Jacq when she gets out of bed.

chickadee
Well I just posted on the Rainbow thread and asked how many you all had now and I guess I got my answer...after how long it took for the two of you to decide on getting your first, it was a quick descent into MTS now wasn't it??? I will have to say when you went you did it in a big way and I want to say you did get a wonderful crew of bettas. I love them all.

Flame is especially attractive to me as I do love reds. But Pink Floyd is so neat too. Yes I agree that Ace is definitely a Spade tail and deserves a name like Ace. Lemon is such a nice color and I do love yellow bettas too.

So congratulations for a HUGE dive into the wonderful and crazy world of MTS and the wild and wonderful and totally fun world of being betta parents. Each of your children will present a different personality and different traits. There will never be a dull moment at the Britton household for sure.

Rose one for Ace one for Lemon one for Rainbow one for Flame one for Pink Floyd and of course I would not forget Sir Royal Blue Peacock

and all around.

MinxMermaid
TYTYTYTYTY Rose!!!

Yeah, we have a little problem, Rick and I, when we do something....we do it BIG!!!

We are just always wishing we had a bigger property so we could have MORE of EVERYTHING!!
More Dogs, More Cats, More Fish, Bigger Pond....we want it all!!!

I entered an essay contest in one of the Fish Magazines where they asked how did their magazine affect our fish hobby. I said, it just kicks our MTS into high gear and we want more, more, more of everything!

HELP!!!

ShaynaB
Your new bettas are gorgeous!

I have a minibow and I replaced the incandescent bulb with a compact fluorescent bulb. It looks much better that way!

Barbrella
The new Betta Gang is just lovely!! You must be thrilled, and those boys must think they died and went to Betta Heaven. Congrats!!

Pink Floyd!! Love it. I wish I could think of such great names.

I'm kinda bummed about the lighting in the Mini-Bow, its kinda yellow and very dull. Does anybody know if I can change this light.

I got 11 watt compact flourescents at the dollar store for a dollar! These are what I put in all my Minibows, and they will grow plants for you too!

hockeyref88
Well.......................I get home from work and everyone seems very happy today...........It seems Rainbow made himself a little bubble nest in spite of his aggressive neighbor Ace. Man, these are trippy little fish. Its like you just give them a little room to roam and a few things to get into they're happy. the only problem I've had with this bunch is the red gravel in PinkFloyd's tank. When I throw a couple of blood worms, if he dosen't happen to see them they disappear into the substrate. Of course that was last night which was they're first night.................Maybe he will be more observant tonight.
Betta betta betta........................What has my neighbor gotten me into???

COBettaCouple
I recommend feeding the bloodworms, 1 at a time. Give them a little time in between worms.. that helps their "i'm a little piggie" nature so they can digest the food better.

chickadee
Yes and you may want to rethink the red gravel eventually. They do not do well with really bright colors of gravel. For some reason it kind of freaks them out after a while. He will be okay for a while but if you start to see him chewing on his tail or anything like that it will probably be the gravel. They get funny that way.

But I love it that he is bubble nesting already. You are doing something right for sure!!

Congratulations. I second the notion on one worm at a time and make them chew them up or they get tummy trouble.

Betta Betta Betta. Like I said it will never be dull in your household. I do promise that.

Rose

Barbrella
I recommend feeding the bloodworms, 1 at a time

That's what I do. I use the dull end of a thin wooden shishkabob skewer to dangle one worm at a time in front of my bettas since they like to eat at the top of the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Echostatic
Replies
Views
Mike
Replies
Views
AZrodeo92
Replies
Views