A Corydoras fry has been spotted!!!!!

TheAnglerAquarist

Story time! So while I was on my holiday break, no one was home. Nobody. I had gotten an auto feeder (it worked!) and when we got back home I spotted around 75-100 eggs on the glass. At the time, I thought, “oh it must be nerite snail eggs.” So I removed almost all of them. Flash forward a couple of weeks and today I saw , at the very corner of my eye, a wiggly little tail. And I just got a good glimpse and it was a fry! A Cory fry to be precise. It looked healthy and it is already big enough not to be eaten! I will update if you guys would like! SO EXITED! I am a dad!!!
By the way I meant to say been

DoubleDutch

Congrats !!!!

Marlene327

That's awesome, and I remember the first time I found one! There have been other finds since, and each brings that same excitement! Now you probably won't see it every day for awhile, but you'll sure notice how fast it's growing when you do! Then you will start seeing it every day. Fun to watch growing!

PlantedCommunityTank132

so sad that you removed the rest of the eggs tho )-:

Congrats though :)

TheAnglerAquarist

Congrats !!!!
Thanks!!
so sad that you removed the rest of the eggs tho )-:

Congrats though :)
Yeah I honestly thought it was nerite eggs :(
That's awesome, and I remember the first time I found one! There have been other finds since, and each brings that same excitement! Now you probably won't see it every day for awhile, but you'll sure notice how fast it's growing when you do! Then you will start seeing it every day. Fun to watch growing!
I was so surprised to see it pretty big for only a few weeks old!

Marlene327

Thanks!!

Yeah I honestly thought it was nerite eggs :(

I was so surprised to see it pretty big for only a few weeks old!
I have intentionally bred them and fed them carefully 5 times a day at first, kept their barebottom tank clean, and they grew so slowly! Then to compare that to the surprises who've raised themselves on whatever they found, and they grew much faster!

TheAnglerAquarist

I have intentionally bred them and fed them carefully 5 times a day at first, kept their barebottom tank clean, and they grew so slowly! Then to compare that to the surprises who've raised themselves on whatever they found, and they grew much faster!
And I was just about to do my biweekly water change, then I saw it and I thought “maybe I should keep the scraps on the bottom?”

Marlene327

I wouldn't deliberately leave scraps laying in there at all, you will have water trouble. As you can see, this little fish is growing nicely finding its food. Corydoras are amazing feeders and cleaner-uppers, this is why I feel they're so necessary in aquariums!

jmaldo

Congrats! A nice surprise for sure, happened a few years back with Peppered corys. Mother Nature at her finest.

Good Luck!

TheAnglerAquarist

I don’t think a nerite can make this many eggs, right? And one of my bigger cories has, well gotten less big if you know what I mean.

707BEDBD-7B36-4B95-92F2-D47405E960D6.jpeg

Marlene327

Nice, hope they don't get eaten!

TheAnglerAquarist

Nice, hope they don't get eaten!
Are they fish eggs? I don’t see how my nerite could fit all of those in its body!

PlantedCommunityTank132

I think they're Cory eggs :). I can't imagine a nerve laying such a big amount of eggs on one spot.
Plz keep us updated

TheAnglerAquarist

I think they're Cory eggs :). I can't imagine a nerve laying such a big amount of eggs on one spot.
Plz keep us updated
And there’s more!

PlantedCommunityTank132

TheAnglerAquarist

How many do you think have been fertilized
I have no idea as I am sick and can’t go near where the tank is!

PlantedCommunityTank132

I have no idea as I am sick and can’t go near where the tank is!
Oh, ok. I hope you get better soon :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nitebird27
Replies
Views
Jeroen712
10 Gallon Tank Corydoras Eggs!
Replies
Views
Coradee