A cory for my betta tank?

paintbrushed

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey all! I have a female betta in a 5.2 gallon tank. She doesn’t currently have any tankmates, but my sister offered me her cory catfish as her own tank (with a couple of rapidly-growing koi) is getting a bit crowded. I’ve read that 5gal may be too small for a cory — is this true? I do have a fair amount of plants in there to hide in and there are no jagged edges he could hurt himself on. My betta is also pretty passive and tends to stay away from the bottom of the tank. If I acclimate Peanut Butter (the cory) properly, would it be a good environment for him? My tank has recently developed some algae and it would be nice if he could take care of it. Plus, if my tank would be better for him than my sister’s, I definitely want to have him where he’d be most comfortable. I would really appreciate some input! :)

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Agreed above but also corys won't clean the tank of algae as they're mainly meat eating fish and need shrimp pellets or other meaty options in their diet, they didn't take care of any of my algae in my tank. Get a nerite snail! :)

New Threads