A Change To My Stock

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My stock plan currently is a GBR, 12 X-ray tetras, 10 Shrimp, and 8 Albino Cory's. I was wondering if it would be possible to switch to Dwarf Cory's? My tank is large enough for the albinos but after planting my tank and getting rocks and decor in I feel a smaller Corys would do better. I am able to move my tank around if it is needed though if I can't change from Albinos. I currently have the shrimp and tetras in the tank, the Cory's are next and will be ordered probably this month.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
29 gallons. Based on their recommended tank size and no warnings from AqAdvisor I believe they wouldn't be a bad fit but always good to check first.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I wouldn't switch to dwarf corys as they are generally considered middle-dwelling, not bottom. Albino corys don't get too big so you probably are fine. They also fit the temperature range of your GBR much better as pygmy corys which need cooler water.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, thanks for the help. Glad I checked here before buying them, don't want any of my fish just living instead of being happy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom