A/C is out!

Dillan Murphy

My a/c has quit working and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet. My water has climbed to 80 degrees amd is set at 78. Will this hurt my fish, my fish are albino bristlenose, turquoise rainbowfish. Platies, mollies red tailed shark, panda corys, and a angelfish

ProudPapa

They should be fine unless it gets much warmer.

Upvote 0

philly27

maybe think about freezing some water bottles and throwing those bad boys inside the tank (s)

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

i actually posted a thread similar to this like a week ago. was told they will be completely fine being around 80 and mine is set at 77. its kinda been hot here. but it recently started getting cooler and my tanks temp is usually 77.? when i wake up and my fish are still fine. but yeah i was worried

Upvote 0

bcsay720

That happened to me before we relented and turned on our A/C. The only thing that happened when it hit 80 was that my cories just seemed sluggish. Not a sign of illness or stress. Just a bit sleepy. Everyone else was unaffected.

Upvote 0

A201

The only worry might be the Cory Cats, but as long as the water is well aerated things will likely be fine.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

maybe think about freezing some water bottles and throwing those bad boys inside the tank (s)
if possible, have a fan blowing along the water surface . help evaporate all that warm water . top offs gonna increase but oh well.

Upvote 0

Fisch

Yes, evaporative cooling helps a lot. I just install a fan and let the air drift over the length of the open tank. It is astonishing how much it helps.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Dillan Murphy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fishstery
  • Question
60 Gallon Tank 60 gallon stocking