A Boy's Stories: Stories From When I Was In My Teenage Years

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by wem21, Apr 12, 2017.

1. w

wem21 Well Known Member Member

When I was 15, I worked at a Local Fish Store 9-5 on weekends. I was paid 20$ an hour, and I knew my way around adequate fish care and fishkeeping related stuff. It was on my Sunday shift when a young woman came in, and (I worked at the counter at that time) saw me. ''Hello! Do you sell Jack Dempseys and Plecos?"
    " Yes ma'm, we do. What size tank and what are its inhabitants?"
    "I have a 30L (7.5g) long tank, with 7 fish."
    "what fish, may I ask?"
    "those ones with the beautiful tails who breed like rabbits."
    "Im sorry, a Pleco or a Jack Dempsey, aren't suitable for a 30L tank. You're better off buying some shrimp, or Otos."

At this point, she starts getting a little red. "Are you saying that I can't choose what fish I put in my tank? Your Plecos and JDs are small, they can fit!"
    "Im sorry, but Plecos grow to nearly a metre long, and Jack Dempseys are extremely aggressive."
    She pulls out the let me speak to your manager card.
    My uncle, the manager, comes in and she explains the situation to him. He says, "Sorry, we do not sell to fishkeepers who look down on my employees. Please make your way out of my store."
    The woman, now rather purple, says something about us not treating our customers with care and storms out.

My uncle winks at me and walks back to tending to his precious discus.

2. BonBon

BonBon Valued Member Member

Lol, I'm imagining her face

3. DutchMutch

DutchMutch New Member Member

this story was great, lol :)

4. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

I did the same as your uncle for 26 years when I owned a LFS. The customer isn't always right!

5. Danjamesdixon

Danjamesdixon Well Known Member Member

Brilliant!

6. S

Sepehr Well Known Member Member

If I were you, I would say :
    Even in your dreams, You can not fit a Pleco and a Jack Dempsey in 30 liter Aquarium.

7. OP
    OP
    w

wem21 Well Known Member Member

glad that you guya enjoyed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice