A bit of a photo log

Discussion in 'Everythingzen' started by Everythingzen, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Everythingzen

EverythingzenWell Known MemberMember

So bully angel is now settled in his solitary confinement. He's utterly peeved with me because we had a little situation with him not wanting to get in the bag to go a mere 1.5 feet over to his temporary home, and I wasn't as in control as I should have been because I feared him getting injured. Honestly, he's a right little drama queen. But here is he, still coming over to glare at me occasionally.

He and the shiny angel look like they're staring at each other, a'la some shakespearean forbidden love tragedy. Not sure if they will be visible enough. She is the silvery white shape in the right tank, he the stripey jailbird n the left.

I've now got an additional problem now with the ratbag kittens always wanting to say hello. I'll have to keep something light and large over the tank at nights to keep the little buggers off.

Tomorrow is the start of the super 5 day long weekend, so we're getting up at the butt crack of dawn to start laying the new floor. Not sure how much we will get done tomorrow but we should be able to get half the lounge and entry done so the new old cabinet can find its home and the community tank can take its place. I cannot wait to see it all set up. As soon as you walk in our front door you will see the big tank. Tomorrow will also be a good opportunity to give the tank a really big clean out. I'll need it as empty as the fish will cope with so we can move it. It's going to be a long, wet, and frustrating day tomorrow. Very excited!

2. konstargirl

konstargirlWell Known MemberMember

He's a cutie! Hehe hopefully in 6 weeks he will go into the main tank.

Cat get down! >< I'm so glad Misa hasn't been doing that in a while.

3. MD Angels

MD AngelsWell Known MemberMember

Oh good luck!

I love how you told that story. Very cute indeed! My silver boy, Dante, who reminds me of yours in dramatic personality, had the same fate. He needed to be transfered to his own tank due to irreconcilable differences between him and my other angel Miguel.

Can't wait to see your new set up! It sounds lovely!

4. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

Thanks guys!

I am officially exhausted. The floor is down, the tank is again all set up and things are back in track. I have to say, the move has looked to do it wonders. The water has always been clear, but this is something else. I took photos all the way through the project but I still only have the rotten iPhone, so I don't know if the pics are decent enough to show the detail clear enough. Here is a closeup of the tank once it was all started up again, anyway:

5. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

So to back up, the tank was done yesterday. The barbs remained in it while the filter was off and there was maybe 1/5 of the water remaining. Geez, these tanks are heavy! We had the brainwave of sliding all the heavy things on scraps of the old carpet to not only protect the floor but to save our backs. I'm still in pain today though, lol. I out the panchax, DG and the silver angel in a bucket, the bully angel stayed in his jail and the barbs stayed in the tank. I just couldn't possibly catch any if them. So they stayed. It took hours and I worried about their welfare being in buckets and getting stressed, but they returned eventually to their tanks and within minutes resumed life as normal and begged for food. I spent ages rearranging the plants and really trying to make it nice but it somehow looks the same! I love my tank, but I'm not happy with it. It's strange. I think it's that I'm proud of it, but would love one of these tanks you guys on here have so I think mine is rubbish, but then I'd not feel any other tank is truly mine. Everything is set up where the fish like it and it works. Here are some random pics of my guys:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  6. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

This weekend has also made it apparent that I need to look for a new home for my bully angel. He went back in for a night but resumed his harassing of Happy by the next morning. He's now back in his solitary tank. It's only 7.5g so he cannot stay. I'm hoping claudicles may be able to take him, otherwise I will start ringing petshops. I don't know any good fish keepers in my area.
    :(

7. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

Oops, one more post! A before and after.

8. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Very pretty!

My cats do that sometimes, but they just drink from the tank. You can imagine the surprise of Ginger, my tabby, when he came out with a baby oscar hanging off his tongue! He chose the wrong tank to drink from.

9. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

I think I have fish tank ADHD. I decided to give stripey just one more try in his old tank. I recently bought a driftwood piece that I thought would go in one of the small tanks but it's gone in the community tank. I moved the rock, log, coral, castle and driftwood and then added an Easter island head. I also put all the loose plants at the front and when I was done I realized the fish were all swimming about in all areas. Even Gary had come out to swim in the front. Happy had come down and the barbs were, well, everywhere, lol. Gary loves that he now has numerous hideyholes. I'd seemingly messed up all their territories. I figured that was a good time to get stripey back in while the chaos was everywhere and so far it seems ok. Not great, but ok. He swims near Happy and they're both a little jumpy but there's been no attacks yet. If Happy was a child I'd probably resort to telling him to give stripey a big shove or nip to teach him a lesson. Happy could probably kill stripey if he realized he was capable. Sigh. As I've been typing, I just saw stripey back to his old trick. I still don't know if it's him attacking. He swims right up to happy and they dart away. It's like a child running up to a group of pigeons or something; it's that kind of harassing.

Oh, and the nitrate in this tank is now at 20! Finally!!

10. claudicles

claudiclesWell Known MemberMember

If things don't settle down I could probably put him in my barbs tank. It is fairly heavily stocked but they are all barbs and danios so he wouldn't be likely to bully anyone.

11. MzMolly65

MzMolly65Valued MemberMember

:;laughing:;laughing:;laughing:;laughing

12. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

I'm not sure what the bioload of an angel is, but you don't want to push your tank if it's already stocked, or close to. I really don't want my delinquent to cause anyone else problems! It'd be just my luck he'd repay your kindness by doing something awful. He's a bugger, lol.

By the way, do you know of a fish place in Rockdale? My sister has a friend who is a self confessed fish snob, he lives in Linden and drives all the way to Rockdale for his fish and supplies. I know we have nothing out west, but that is dedicated! I'm going to look around eBay and see if there are any tanks up for sale and just start another larger tank. Thanks Liz.

13. claudicles

claudiclesWell Known MemberMember

Yes, my brother goes to one in Rockdale. At least I think it is Rockdale. He lives in Peakhurst and it is somehwere near him...I can't remember what it is called but he raves about it. Somewhere about 1000 posts ago I posted about it after a Sydneysider asked. :;sonar Actually I am pretty happy with the 6 or so I frequent. They all have different strengths and it takes a bit of driving but I guess it is better than a drive to Rockdale. Also if it is that good if I step in the door once I'll probably be driving down there all the time :;smack

14. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

New pics with the good camera. Finally!

My tanks aren't as clean as they were with the iphone camera lol.

15. konstargirl

konstargirlWell Known MemberMember

They are pretty. :) What happen to all of the other photo's?